14

" Thanks for supper, " Evan said as he picked up his plate and stood up.
" no problem," Vinnie said with a smile as he kept eating.
Evan walked to the counter and put his dish in the sink, he quickly walked away. Rushing to his room, before locking his door behind him. You sighed as you looked at Vinnie, he smiles as he put his fork down.
" Give him time," he said as he grabbed his plate and put it in the sink.
You nodded as you grabbed yours and your kid's plate and placed them in the sink.
" I'll do the dishes," you said with a small smile.
Vinnie nodded as he grabbed the twins and left, he was going to put them to bed. You turned on the tap as you put dish soap in the sink, you watched as the sink filled with water and bubbles. You turned off the tap as the water got halfway, you grabbed a clothe and began to wash the dishes. You put the washed dishes on the counter before draining the sink, you sighed as you dried your hands and walked to the living room. You smiled as the girls sat watching blue clues, you sat down on the couch next to them and watched tv with them.
" hey mommy why is Evan always in his room," the eldest asked.
You looked at her and smiled.
" Well he is upset," you said as you placed a hand on her shoulder.
She nodded as she went back to watching tv, you smiled as you looked back at the tv.
" What are you guys watching," Vinnie asked as he walked into the room.
" blue clues," the youngest girl said with a smile.
" really, is it good," he said with a smile.
The girl nodded as she went back to watching tv, Vinnie smiled as he left the room. And head to Evans's room, you glanced at the two girls and smiled.
" hey mommy could we visit Evan," one said as they both looked at you.
" sure, just knock first," you said with a smile.
They nodded as they got off the couch and ran out of the room, you sighed as you looked away. You hoped Evan was ready to see them, you hoped he trusted himself with them. You turned off the TV and listen, though you didn't hear their little feet on the ground. You stood up and quietly walked up the stairs, looking around the corner. You smiled as you saw Evan and the girls talking. You took a step back, the floorboard creaking. Evan smiled at you sheepishly, before talking to the two girls. You smiled as you walked down the stairs and went back to watching tv.