13

Days had passed since the little incident, you were with your kids as they sat outside. Vinnie was cooking while Evan was in his room, he was avoiding you as he felt guilty. You looked at your daughter's play as you held the twins, a small smile on your face. You glanced away as you looked at the house, you sighed before looking back at your kids. You sighed as you wondered how Evan was doing, you shook your head. You knew he wasn't doing well, you wish you could help him. Though everytime he saw you he felt worse as you were a reminder on what he did, though you knew he didn't do it. You want to tell him that though you knew it wouldn't help, he blams himself for what habit did.

" Kids come inside," you yelled as you stood up and walked to the house.

You pushed the door open with your hip, walking in the house and put the twins in their play pen. You turned around to see your daughters looking at the tv, you smiled as you walked to the door and closed it. You looked back to see the kids were still looking at the tv, you smiled before walking up the stairs and down the hall. You walked to Evans room, you stopped at his door standing there for a few seconds. You raised your hand and knocked on the door, you heard shuffling before the door opened. Evan paled as he saw you, he looked at the wall behind you as a way to avoid looking at you.

" Hey (Y/n) how are you," he asked in a soft tone.

" I'm good, how are you Evan," you asked with a small smile.

" I'm fine," he said as he scratched his neck.

" Do you want to hang out," you asked

" I'm fine, just need to be alone right now," he said as he put his hand on the door.

" It wasn't your fault, you know that right," you said softly.

He looked away and closed the door, you sighed as you walked away. Evan sighed as he slide down the door, tucking his legs close to him. His throat hurt as he held back tears, he looked at his leg. Why did she forgive him, he had done such a horrible thing to her. Yet she showed him kindness, why was she so kind to him after what he had done. He looked up at the ceiling and let out a long sigh, why was life so cruel to him.

" Why are you so kind," he whispered as he hit his head on the door.

He jumped slightly as someone  knocked on his door, he looked at the door.

" Evan suppers ready, do you want me to bring it up," Vinnie said as he landed on the door.

" Na I'll come down, I need to get over this," Evan said as he stood up.

Vinnie smiled as he walked away, Evan sighed as he stood up and left his room. He slowly walked down the hall and down the stairs, he stopped as he heard chatter. He shook his head and walked down the rest of the stairs, he smiled slightly as vinnie nodded at him. He needed to get over this, he had to do it for her. He slowly walked to the kitchen, You turned to him and smiled.

" I see your doing better," you said as you pulled a charge away from the table so he could sit next to you.

He smiled slightly as he walked to you slowly, you smiled as he sat down.

" I hope you like mac and cheese, again for the tenth time this month," he said with a chuckle

You smiled as you filled your kids plates, while Evan and Vinnie filled theirs. You smiled as you started to fill your plate before eating.