Chapter Nine

Better late than never! Enjoy :))

***

Chapter Nine

The Choice

Wearing my tangerine-colored outfit today, I faced the full-length mirror in my room. It was like formal attire but it wasn't really... Coat-like top that reached few inches below my breast line and high waist skirt to cover my belly. It was supposed to be placed on my waist but I'll be attending a meeting so I have to dress up nice for myself, not for them.

I don't want to embarrass myself in front of them kaya ako nag-aayos, obviously not to please them! I want to be confident that I look good whenever I walk, the main reason why I take time dressing up. I believe that dressing up nice is a way to boost one's confidence.

Not that I need that.

I am pretty, I know that and I'm not denying that or I'm not gonna try to be humble. My blue eyes, just like what Carrine said are mesmerizing to look at. I have a small face and a swan-like neck. My eyelashes are long, just a perfect combination of my eyes.

"Stop praising yourself in front of the mirror, Amara. Nagsasawa na yan sa mukha mo," Izaac said from outside.

Napairap ako bago tumalikod at kinuha ang handbag ko. I am Ate Hena's representative for the foundation voting and Izaac will be King Archirale's representative kaya magkasama kami ngayon. I actually thought Z will be the one representing and I like that idea better.

Izaac is annoying. He really likes taunting and making me mad. It was like it is his goal to see me glaring at him. So annoying! Unlike Z, he was quiet and gentleman-like.

"What did the mirror say to you this time?" He teased while walking downstairs.

I stopped walking and faced him. "It said, there will be a time and I will make you suffer." Malambing na sabi ko bago naunang naglakad.

"Hey! Take it back! Z already cursed me, pati ba naman ikaw?! Take it back!" Sigaw niya pero hindi ko na pinansin at sumakay na lang ng sasakyan. When I settled myself inside, Izaac is still outside, refusing to come inside.

I annoyingly rolled down the windows. "What are you waiting for? Butlers opening the door for you?"

"Take it back! Or else, we'll be both late." Matigas na sabi niya. Parang bata!

"Oh, my dearest nephew, ikaw lang ang mala-late," I said and faced the driver and told him we can go now. When Izaac heard that nagmadali siyang sumakay sa loob. I chuckled at his annoyed face.

Amara - 1

The driver opened the door for us dahil siguro sa pang-aasar ko kay Izaac kanina. I smiled politely at him and said my thanks. Izaac followed behind me, ayaw tumabi sa akin. Eh di wag, as if I wanted him beside me.

"Good day, I am Amara Luelle Nastia, representative of the Queen of East Clan, Athena Kristalline," I said, introducing myself to the members of the royal society in front of me. I saw familiar faces, especially those princesses and princes from the remaining three clans.

I sat beside the princess of West Clan. And Izaac followed.

"Haven't seen you around lately, Blaire," I said, smiling.

She looked shocked when she heard me. Mukhang malalim ang iniisip niya kaya hindi niya man lang napansin ang pagdating at pag-upo ko sa tabi niya.

"Y-yeah, sorry," she chuckled. "I'm kind of busy with the preparation of my wedding."

"Oh... wow. Congratulations, then. Who is the lucky guy, hmm?"

She looked hesitant to speak but she still did. "It was arranged, technically. A childhood promise being fulfilled."

The topic was closed afterward when the head of the foundation came. Good timing. I don't want to make Blaire uncomfortable.

"Like the usual, in front of you, ladies and gentlemen, is the list of those who qualified after thorough deliberation." I looked at the names and scanned for familiar ones when my finger stopped on a certain name. He got in, huh.

"We would like to inform you to choose without any bias or hidden agenda. Although it was your decision, it should not be clouded by your emotions or connection towards the person. So, please, on the paper being given to you as of the moment, please the write the name of the student you want to give a chance to enter the Royalty School. We will be choosing two students after tallying the names and their respective votes."

I received the paper from the attendant behind me and placed it beside the list. My fingers are unconsciously moving, tapping it softly on the table.

Should I...? Or should I not? What to do? What to do?

When they announced that they will be retrieving the paper, I immediately wrote the name that was in my mind for a while. I was panicking, okay? But the thing is, I already know that I will end up writing his name.

I talked to Blaire about random things while Izaac was sleeping on his chair. This guy... it's amazing how he can sleep anywhere. I mean, look at his position! He was just sitting and his arm crossed in front of his chest. And he was already sleeping because of his even breathing.

"Attention, please..."

When we arrived in the palace, Ate Hena was waiting for us. She was on her usual chair, legs crossed and arms placed on the chair. She was wearing a long floral translucent dress with white lining inside. It has this big ribbon on the chest part and it has a belt like the cloth of the dress.

"I heard what happened," bungad niya bago tumayo. I side-glanced Izaac, blaming him silently. But the brute just shrugged.

"Queen," bait ko. Instead of smiling like she always does, she glared at us.

"You two! Kapag talaga magkasama kayo! Goodness!" She exclaimed, holding her head in frustration. "Izaac, really? You have the guts to answer like that? In front of them? And you! Hindi mo man lang pinigilan!"

"As if I can forsee what he is about to say!" Depensa ko. Kung hindi pa naman kasi isa't kalahating siraulo si Izaac, eh di sana walang problema.

Hindi ako pinansin ni Ate Hena and she faced Izaac. "Repeat what you have said there, Izaac."

I thought Izaac will back out but he didn't. "I chose Arlaise Dawn Miranda De Guzman because her name is long and pleasing to hear. You said yourself that we should not be biased nor be clouded with our emotions. That's why I chose her," Izaac said in a monologue tone.

Ate Hena looked like she was about to lose her mind. I mean, who won't? Prince of East Clan answered sarcastically in front of advisors and royalties. That can be a cause of damage to the clan.

"And you didn't even check her achievements? Background information? Credentials? What if she will be a downfall to the royalty school? Hindi mo ba naisip na sa ginawa mo, maaaring ikapahamak niya iyon? She can be a target!"

Izaac sighed. "What do you want me to do then? Choose someone with overflowing credentials and give her the opportunity to achieve more? Don't you want to give others a chance? A chance to prove to us that they can do better if only given an opportunity?" He said and walked out, leaving me in front of Ate Hena.

"He has a point, Ate Hena. Try looking at another perspective, because Izaac... he was exposed to those people that's why he has that kind of heart. He knows that some of them were just deprived of chance and he wants to give one right now."

"What about you, huh? Why did you choose him?"

I smiled mysteriously at her.

He will always be my choice - Vince Nicholo.

***

Hello! Sorry for the late update! Hope you're all doing well. Keep safe and take care always!