Chapter 3 - Blood still stains when the sheets are washed

Gon's Pov: 

Alluka and Kalluto are sleeping in front of me on Killuas bed. They cried themselves to sleep. But I can hear Killua's heavy breathing.

 Illumi attempted suicide, and I hate to say it but it might work. And I can't do anything to help, except comfort these two. I pull them on my lap, I don't wake them. I don't want them to panic. I can hear Killua's crying, and I want to help him, but I would get in the way.

 I'm not sure what's taking so long anyway, all I saw was his slit wrist. But it could be worse. Kil ran in hear and grabbed bandages. I figured he'd be done by now, but I won't say anything. I'll comfort him when he gets back in here, I need him to be okay.

Killua's Pov:

He seems to be coming to, but I'm still panicking. His breathing isn't as faint anymore, and hes not as pale. But his breathing is rasp, and hes coughing a lot. 

Water, he needs water. I lean him back against the beds backboard, and run to my room still covered in vomit. Gon looks shocked when he sees me, but he puts 2 and 2 together when he hears me get the water.

 I run back to Illumi, and tilt his head up. I shakily pull his mouth open and pour the water down his throat. He coughs and spits it back onto me. 

"DAMN IT ILLUMI, DRINK IT!" I scream still sobbing.

I'm starting to lose my voice, but I don't care. Again I pour it into his mouth. He swallows it this time. His dark eyes open. "Oh thank god" I whisper.

Illumi's Pov:

I'm in my bed sitting up against the backboard. My vision is blurry, so I can't figure out why one of my arms are numb, I'm covered in some viscous liquid and someone is on top me. 

My throat also hurts, and my hair is tangled. Once my vision clears up a bit, I first look down at myself. 

I'm covered in puke. I look over to my arm, there's a bandage around my wrist, and my sleeve is pulled up. An even tighter bandage higher up my arm cutting the circulation off. I look forward. Killua is on top me, shaking and sobbing. I tilt my head. 

"Are you okay Kil?"

"GODDAMN IT NO ILLUMI!" He slams his fists onto my chest, crying into my hoodie. His voice is broken, its raspy and pained. I put my not numb hand on his head, and rub it into his hair. He loved this when he was young, it always calmed him down. I kept rubbing his head, and he hugs me, still crying.

"Why Illumi? Why would you do this to yourself?" He says it so quietly I hardly heard him. My eyes start to water, and I hug him tighter. 

"Because I'm a shitty person" I say even quieter then he had spoke. He pulls out the hug and shoves me back. My head slams into the wall and he yells "NO YOU'RE NOT! DON'T YOU EVER SAY THAT!" He pulls back into the hug, crying and shaking even harder. 

"I- I'm s-so-sorry K-Kil-Killua" I stutter out.

"LIKE HELL YOU ARE!" Hes still sobbing into my arms. I hug him, and rub his head some more.

Once he stops shaking and crying so much, I tell him to clean up. After all he shouldn't be bathing in my vomit. 

"O-Okay"

"Go on, go tell Gon that we're both okay. I'm gonna get cleaned up too." I can tell he's hesitant to leave me alone, and I don't blame him. 

I put my hands on his shoulders to reassure him, "I'm gonna be alright, I promise." 

Slowly he gets up and walks to his room. 

My body was resisting to shake the whole time he was in here, so I wouldn't make him panic. My body is shaking now however, really badly. I get up, close and lock my bedroom door, and undress myself. I throw the clothes aside and walk into my bathroom.

I turn on the shower then look in the mirror. I slowly take off the higher bandage on my arm. I leave the one on my wrist. Then I step into the hot shower.