Chapter 27 - Backwards path

Hisoka's Pov:

I come back to see the crowd all looking confused, nervous, and they all seem to be trying to grab something. Bisky is in the middle trying to keep it away from a group of highschoolers that are all taller then her. "Enough!" she yells. They all start to back off her and then see me. "Hisoka!" They all run and surround me now."he ran off-" "He left!-" There all yelling over each other but I make out those 2 short sentences. "Illumi?!" They all nod and I push through to Bisky, shes holding Illumi's heels. 

Leorio and Kurapika push through to me and say "Killua went after him, we're not sure where but you might be able to catch him if you go now!" I take the shoes out of Bisky's hands and run. My shoes aren't running shoes but there not gonna slow me down. Where could he have gone? I hate to admit it, but Killua will have an easier time finding him. Hes know his brother better, I'm sure he knows why he left, and he found him when he was hiding. 

I keep running but I don't find him. Goddamn it where is he? I might be able to make a guess on why Illumi left but I wasn't in there with him. Why'd I leave him? To call Chrollo back? He was my best friend before we moved, and I get that he was in crisis, but not worse than this. All that happened was that his dad was in a non-fatal car accident. People in both cars were fine, why did I leave Illumi for that? 

Killua's Pov:

I know exactly where Illumi went. He goes on nightly runs a lot of the time, he was following his route, only backwards to get back home. I follow his path until I see him. Hes lying on the floor, passed out. Is he ok?? I run over to him, I always check his pulse first. Heartbeat is racing, hes ok. His breathing is quick and slowing down. Hes perfectly fine thank god. I check for any head wounds, or anything else. Nothing. Thank god. I lift him up, hes a lot lighter then normal when hes passed out so it should be easy to carry him home.

I walk all the way home with him in my arms as if hes a baby. Key. Gon has my bag. My key is in my bag. Damn it. I check Illumi for anything. Yes! Found it, I unlock the front door, and carry him upstairs and into his room. I lay him down, he needs to change. I groan, undressing him. His body is so thin. And he has so many scars. 2 on his stomach, from being stabbed and the car crash. Hundreds on his arms from cutting himself.

I put a hoodie and sweats on him and brush his hair. Then I lay him on his pillow, and put a blanket over him. I don't have anything I took to the dance, it was all in my bag. I take Illumi's phone and call Gon. 

"Killua?! Did you find him? Is he ok? Are you ok?" He knew it was me before I even said a word.

"Yeah hes ok, and I am too. Listen, I'm sorry for leaving you at the dance, and for not paying a lot of attention to you. I'm really mad at myself for it, you deserve so much better." I start to cry, and start choking on my own words.

"Killua, its ok, you have no reason to be sorry.  You don't need to be mad at yourself, if he was my brother I'd protect him too. Your doing what you can, and its enough for me. I love you Killua."

"I love you too Gon Freeccs." He starts to cry too, but hangs up before I hear him sobbing. Hes so cute, I really do love him.