Chapter 39 - Do you trust me with your hair?

Illumi's Pov:

I go back upstairs, clutching the bag Killua brought me. I walk into Hisokas bedroom to see him sitting cross-legged on his bed playing with a deck of cards. He looks up at me "Someone looks happy" He drops his cards all over, they land on the bed and the floor and his lap. He reaches out to me so I close the door, set the bag down, and sit on his lap facing the same way as him. 

"I made up with Killua" I lean my head back onto his shoulder and he kisses my cheek. "Aww yayy!~" He says matching my energy. He lifts up my hand and gently kisses on my hand. I relax against him enjoying this feelings. Its one of the first times in a long long time I've felt this untroubled. Somethings always bothering me so this feeling of pure peace and euphoria feels unnatural yet so amazing. 

I quickly spin around, still on his lap which seems to shock him a lot. He jumps back into the backboard with me still over him. His whole face goes extremely red and he breaks eye contact with me. I sit back down on his now extended legs and turn his face back to me. I gently kiss him and he kisses me back. I wrap my arms around his neck and he puts his around my waist. He slowly pulls away and pulls me closer. I put my head on his shoulder, relaxing almost to sleep but not quite.

He gently runs his fingers through my hair. "Lulu?" He whispers through my hair. "Yes?" He removes his hands from my waist and puts them on my shoulders. He pushes me so I look directly into his eyes. His face looks extremely serious, it's so adorable it makes me blush slightly "Can I curl your hair?" I laugh a little and he giggles and smiles. I nod and he picks me up. I wrap my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist. I hang on like a sloth as he takes me to the bathroom.

He sets me on the counter and I wait and watch as he plugs in a curling iron. As we wait for it to heat I stop and think. "Why do you even have a curling iron?" I ask tilting my head. He smiles and says "My hair isn't naturally this wavy ya know" I nod with a giggle. He picks up the curling iron, tests the heat, and nods. He slowly takes a piece of my hair and starts to curl it. 

I sit as still as I can as he piece by piece he curls all my hair. It takes him a good hour if not more because of how long and thick my hair is. Once hes finally finished he sets the curling iron down, steps in front of me, and examines it. He fixes a couple things, then without telling me, he takes scissors and cuts a piece of my hair. "HEY?!" I pull away and accidentally set my hand on the curling iron. I don't flinch away because honestly it couldn't hurt less. 

"ILLU!" He pulls my hand up and nervously looks at the burn. "Are you okay??" I nod. He looks confused. "You just put your hand on a burning hot iron and it doesn't hurt?" I nod again and say "Better question, why did you cut my hair?" He tilts his head down and raises his eyebrows. "Do you trust me?" I slowly nod as he picks the scissors back up.