Attacking the Black Gate

Freya's POV

I ride with Aragorn while Pippin rode with Gandalf and Merry with Eomer. The Black Gate some comes into view and I clutch the necklace Galadriel had given me. I know Frodo and Sam are close to completing their part of this war. But we have to distract Sauron or they'll be in great danger. I take a deep breath calm my nerves. Ready to fight my my brother and his best friend.

We reach the Black Gate and come to a stop. "Where are they?" Pippin asks. Aragorn spurs our horse towards the gate. He is followed by Éomer, Merry, Gandalf, Pippin, Legolas and Gimli.

"Let the Lord of the Black Land come forth! Let justice be done upon him" Aragorn says addressing the gates. Which open to reveal a solitary figure on a black horse. The only part of the rider appearing, besides a full helmet and armor, is a grotesque mouth.

"My master, Sauron the Great, bids you welcome. Is there any in this rout with the authority to treat with me?" he asks. He must be Sauron's mouth.

"We do not come to treat with Sauron, faithless and accursed. Tell your master this: The armies of Mordor must disband. He is to depart these lands, never to return" Gandalf tells him.

"Old Greybeard. I have a token I was bidden to show thee" the mouth says. It holds up Frodo's mithril shirt.

"That's Frodos'" I state. The Mouth Of Sauron throws the Mithrill shirt to Gandalf, who catches it. He hands it to me and I hold it close. Frodo is not dead, I'd know if he was.

"The halfling was dear to thee, I see. Know that he suffered greatly at the hands of his host. Who would've thought one so small could endure so much pain? And he did, Gandalf. He did" the mouth sneers.

"You're lying! My brother is alive!" I snap glaring at him. As the mouth laughs wickedly, Aragorn rides us casually around to his side.

"And who is this? Isildur's heir? It takes more to make a king than a broken Elvish blade" the mouth says. With a quick, hard, slice, Aragorn cuts the Mouth of Sauron's head with his sword.

"I guess that concludes negotiations" Gimli says.

"I do not believe it" Aragorn says.

"I won't believe, Frodo and Sam are alive" I state. I notice the eye of Sauron falls onto us. The Black Gate again creaks and sways open, revealing an army of marching orcs. Barad-dûr looms in the background, its Eye now staring at Aragorn as I hide behind him.

"Pull back!" Aragorn orders. We return to the awaiting army of men. We all dismount our horses and send them away. Preparing our weapons. I stay next to Pippin and Merry. Orcs pour out of the Black Gate. Aragorn addresses an unsettled army of men.

"Hold your ground. Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of Men fails, when we forsake our friends, and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the Age of Men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West" he says. They draw their weapons as we become surrounded by orcs.

"Never thought I'd die fighting side by side with an elf" Gimli mutters.

"What about side by side with a friend?" Legolas asks him.

"Aye, I could do that" Gimli says with a smile. "But first" he says and marches over to me. Before I could say anything he grabs me by the waist and kisses me passionately. I kiss back and we soon pull away. "Don't die on me lassie" he tells me.

"For Frodo" I hear Aragorn say and he leads the charge. Waving his sword, Aragorn runs towards the orcs, yelling. Merry and Pippin run in after him yelling. The rest of us soon follow. Me staying close to my cousins. As the fight begins.

(Time skip)

I don't know how long we've been fighting or how many of us have died. All I know is that the fellowship are alive, but wounded. Also the great eagles had joined the fight and are taking on the Nazgul. But soon the surviving Nazgûl screech and fly towards the burning mountain. That's where Frodo and Sam are suppose to destroy the ring. Somethings not right, why would they be going there?

"What's wrong?" Pippin asks me as we have a small break in between orcs.

"The Nazgul are heading for the burning mountain" I state.

"Something tells me that's not a good thing" Merry says as he joins us. I nod my head. We rejoin the fight and I see a troll heading Aragorn's way. He faces it and they begin to fight.

"Legolas, Aragorn needs help!" I shout as the troll throws Aragorn onto the ground. Legolas looks at him and he tries to make his way to Aragorn. Two orcs attack me drawing my attention away from them. I fight hard with my small daggers. But I'm no warrior and am soon cornered.

When an axe beheads both orcs. "You alright Freya?" Gimli asks me concerned.

"Yeah, just tired" I tell him as I retrieve my daggers. Suddenly the Eye of Sauron cries out in pain. Sauron's troops look back to Mordor, then flee as the tower of Barad-dûr slowly falls over. "They did it" I say in relief.

The Eye of Sauron disappears, letting lose a great shock wave. The army of the West cheers. I hug Gimli laughing with joy. Suddenly the surrounding landscape crumbles. The Black Gate collapses as the ground caves in. Much of Sauron's army falls as well.

Suddenly Mount Doom erupts in a large explosion. The eruption kills the remaining Nazgûl. "Frodo!" Merry and I shout as tears fill my eyes. I hold the crystal praying that Frodo is alright and sense him. Alive.

"Gandalf, they're alive. But we must hurry" I tell him urgently. He nods his head and summons the eagles. We climb onto one and take off. "I'm coming Frodo, hang on" I say as I guide the eagle to his location. The other eagles following close behind.

A/N

Picture above of the Black Gate and picture on the external link of the Mouth of Sauron.