Crebain from Dunland

Freya's POV

Frodo went to see Uncle Bilbo alone as I saw him last night. He had a few things for Frodo. I had been given new clothes and medical supplies by the elves. Along with a bow and quiver of arrows, Legolas said he'd teach me how to use them. In a glade beneath an old stone arch, the Fellowship and I gather to bid farewell to Rivendell. Elrond speaks to us, gazing sternly at the faces before him. Frodo stands beside me, listening, we're slightly apart from the others; leaves flutter to the earth.

"The Ring-bearer is setting out on the Quest of Mount Doom. On you who travel with him no oath nor bond is laid, to go further than you will. Farewell. Hold to your purpose. May the blessings of Elves and Men and all free folk go with you" Lord Elrond tells us.Elrond spreads his arms, and Legolas and Aragorn bow their heads, hands upon hearts.

"The Fellowship awaits the Ring-bearer" Gandalf states.Frodo, turns and walks forward, uncertainly. Before him, the path winds away to either side. Me beside his side and Gandalf behind us with the others.

"Mordor, Gandalf, is it left or right?" Frodo asks. 'Left' Gandalf answered and we follow the left path. We travel through the woods, over open plains and hillsides. Before pausing on a hill in the wild.

"We must hold this course west of the Misty Mountains for forty days. If our luck holds, the Gap of Rohan will still be open to us. From there our road turns east to Mordor" Gandalf states. Legolas then pulls me to the side to show me how to aim my bow and hold it. Meanwhile Boromir was teaching Merry and Pippin how to use their swords.Sam cooks sausage and other food over a fire, climbing up onto a rock besides Frodo. Aragorn sits nearby, smoking a pipe. He speaks encouragement to Merry, Pippin and I. 

"I have to keep look out, but you're doing great so far" Legolas tells me. I smile and head back to the others. To see Merry and Pippin still sparing as Gimli approaches Gandalf.

"If anyone was to ask for my opinion, which I note they're not, I'd say we were taking the long way round. Gandalf, we could pass through the Mines of Moria. My cousin, Balin, would give us a royal welcome" he says loudly.Gandalf takes a pipe he was smoking from his mouth. Faint surprise registers in his eyes.

"No Gimli, I would not take the road through Moria unless I had no other choice" Gandalf tells him. I approach Gimli as Gandalf returns to smoking his pipe.

"Tell me about Moria" I tell him and he starts to tell me about it. Who his kin call it a mine. About the food there and his cousin Balin.

"What is that?" I hear Sam ask and follow his eyes to where Legolas was standing looking at something in the distance.

"Nothing, it's just a whiff of cloud" Gimli assures him.Boromir gets up from the ground, a hand on either Merry's shoulder. Saying 'it was moving fast and against the wind'.

"Crebain from Dunland!" Legolas shouts.

"Hide!" Aragorn yells.

"Hurry!" Boromir adds.

"This way Lass" Gimli says grabbing my wrist and pulls me under a push. "Stay down" he tells me as the others found hiding spots. Frodo was with Aragorn, so I knew he was safe.In a burst of darkness against the light of day, a flock of black birds rushes overhead, cawing loudly.The birds circle the hill, then turn and fly back Southward. We allcome out from under the rocks and bushes.

"Spies of Saruman! The passage South is being watched" Gandalf states. "We must take the Pass of Caradhras" he tells us.He turns, looking up at a great, snowy mountain. Great, us hobbits aren't used to cold weather. Let alone snow.

"Gimli!" I call as the others gather our supplies. He turns to me saying 'yes,lass'. "Thank you for helping me back there, and you can call me Freya" I tell him smiling. Then head over to Frodo as Gandalf leads the way toward the snowy mountain range.

A/N

Picture above of Freya's new outfit and bow.