Part 17 : we leave tomorrow night

Severide loved the idea that Stella had for their baby girl and so he agreed with Stella. They couldn't help but both be in love with their daughter and in awe of her, after nursing her for the first time Stella finally put her back in the incubator. She didn't want to let her go but she had to, April came back to get her. And it was just the three of them, Sky was now finding her way on her mom.

"how was it with your grandma?" She asked Sky.

"It was good but i missed u mommy"

"I missed you my love, but now we're together and nothing will separate us again" she reassured her little one.

Sky smiled, embraced her mom some more and in a little bit of time she fell asleep. Which was now time for both Kelly and Stella to talk, Kelly didn't want to touch the subject. He thought that maybe by not talking about it, they would just forget it and right now they were happy and living in the moment and thats what mattered. Stella didn't want to acknowledge what had happen either, she knew it had happened but she had everything she needed right now so she refused to talk about it too. The room was silent.

Sky and Stella ended up both falling asleep, Stella needed it. And so Kelly got back to his bed and got some sleep too.
______________
The hospital stay was rather long for the both of them but they didn't care. It was time for them to finally leave and go back home with Sky and Aila.

Michael amd Melina had planned something special for them.

"Welcome" they heard from everyone.

They had invited everyone from the firehouse, Stella's mom just wanted her to make this moment she had went through a bad memory.

"Hi everyone!" Stella said emotional with Aila in her arms.

"We wanted to give you a proper welcoming" Cruz said with a big smile.

Everyone took a peek at the baby, the little welcoming party was going great. But one thing Stella didn't want to do was leave her baby, so she kept her in her arms at all times. Amd at some point her dad just wanted to talk, he also had a surprise for her.

"What is it dad?" She asked with her eyes closed.

He had made her leave Aila with Kelly for a minute.

"You'll see in a few"

He carefully guided her into her and Kelly's room. And told her she could finally open her eyes.

"So you brought me in my room?" She asked confused.

"yes but-"

And as he said but, she realized the room looked a bit smaller. And she saw a curtain that wasn't there before. So she opened it, the room she had with Kelly was big enough and her dad had taken this in his advantage to make a proper place for the baby.

"thank you"

She said giving her dad a smile, the room stayed silent for a little while.

"Stella baby i wanted to offer you an apology"

She looked at him a bit confused "for what?"

"For everything, from slapping you to just trying to hide everything from you. I thought i was doing the right thing. Turns out life just always catches up to you. I'm so sorry, your my daughter and i love you-"

But Stella stopped him "you don't have to apologize dad! I heard a word or two on what you wanted to do, and I appreciate that you wanted to protect me"

"I would really love to explain everything to you baby girl" he said a bit nervous "please let me".

And even if she didn't want to relive it all, she allowed him. The deeper he got into the story, the more she could hear his voice starting to break and him just getting emotional. She had never seen him like that, but he was truly now feeling all the regret in the world. He told her all he did to make sure that her and Sky would be safe.