Part 27 : love

But there was no response from Squad 3, everyone was worried. Truck 81 had finally made their way out, the building wasn't safe but they still had to know about squad 3.

"Squad 3 report"

He waited a little and was getting worried to still not get any answer. But after a few minutes they heard the radio.

"Hey Chief, this is Cruz. We're okay, we're coming out now"

And indeed they were, they were just a little shaken up by everything that had happened. After a little they came out of the building, covered in dust.

"Are you guys ok?" Chief asked.

"Yes Chief" Kelly said while taking off his mask.

He was happy that nothing else had happened to them and they were safe. They put the fire out and went in for a second search, because of the collapse they weren't sure if they were able to get everyone out of the building.

But to their surprise most of the apartment owners were out working, and they were able to save everyone.

Meanwhile Stella was still in bed, feeling down. She couldn't even move, she also felt sick. This pregnancy wasn't siting well with her, she just wamted to be held. To be loved, she didn't have the energy to even answer her phone.

"Stella baby"

"Yes" she turned to her mother while laying down crying.

"You can't possibly stay like this. Your babies need you"

"Can you just help me please, i feel like i just want to give up"

"Oh no, no baby don't say that. Don't you even dare think that, you can't give up" she said as she offered a sweet look.

"Who said that, i totally can. I went through so much in so little time, i need a break. I need a break forever" she was really in pain "hell i got sad when Kelly said he wouldn't know if he could love this child but I don't even know if i will be able to love this child myself. What if all i see in this child is Manuel's ugly way of behaving, what if all i see is Manuel beating me"

"It's not going to happen, you have two beautiful girls and soon three. They're sisters and need you to lead their way, you can't abandon them"

So she got up, she was really serious "ever since i got the news about this baby, i feel like i am drowning. I put Kelly out, but i can't be without him. I thought he would have atleast tried to come back so we could talk. I just need to stop hurting"

"Kelly loves you, he'll come around. Remember your girls, you got me for now."

"Thank you"

She laid back on the bed, in the position that was the most comfortable for her. And she kept crying, her mom didn't want to insist much more. She knew Stella was feeling really bad already, all she wanted was for her to be ok. So she stayed and helped with the girls, so Stella could rest amd hopefully get out of that hole she was currently in.
__________
Even after shift Kelly needed some time for him, he needed some time to think things through. He loved Stella so much, and he knew he needed to take his time before getting back to her. At the end of the day she put him out so why would he go back to her.

"Kelly" Mills called his name

"What?"

"How long are you going to crowd my couch"

"I don't know just yet, i need time to think"

"Don't take too long please, i'm tired of seeing you too apart from each other" Mills was in fact tired of it all "you are made to be together, plus you actually just got back together. Why in the hell do you guys have to fight for every little bit of things. I truly don't get it, i'd give anything to have this type of love with someone. And you guys have that and what do you do, ruin it" he let out a sigh "you know what goodnight"