Part 3 : i am a mother

"Just wanted to make sure sweetie" her mom said still a bit suspicious.

"I was just you know talking to myself" she tried to convince her mom.

"Okay if you say so" but then her mom saw she had been crying "hold on, were you crying?" She then asked.

"Yes but it's nothing don't worry" she made sure to let her know.

"Okay, goodnight then"

Her mother knew not to bother when Stella was putting that barrier. So she left, and after she did Stella laid down and without realizing it she just fell asleep.
________________
It was next shift, and weirdly Stella hadn't stopped thinking about Kelly. She was excited to see him, but at the same time she was weirded out by this attraction she was feeling towards him. So she decided to focus on her work and ignore Kelly as much as she could. Thankfully the whole shift was pretty much busy for the both of them so she didn't have to cross his path.

And as she was starting to leave because it was the end of shift, she heard her name.

"Stella" it was Kelly.

So she turned around, and waited for him.

"We didn't see much of each other today, how are you doing?" He asked.

"Well it was a rather busy day but I am good, what about you?" She said.

"Tired but good, I promised Sky we'd go to the park when i come back so i guess i'll sleep later" he jokingly said.

She laughed a bit "well dad duties are calling, how is Sky?" She then asked.

"She's good, she asked for you. She wanted you to come with us to the park" he told Stella.

Stella was not sure if he was telling the truth or if he was just saying that to have her come with him.

"You not forreal right?"

"Yes i am, no i am not inventing it. She literally told me this. You could come" he said like a little boy.

"No um i have things to do, so i guess another time" she turned back around to go to her car.

"Wait" he grabbed her arm "please, she'd love to see you"

And so Stella kept looking at his grip and then him. And so Kelly thought he might be doing something wrong.

"I'm sorry, did i grab your arm too tight or maybe I shouldn't have done that. Sorry" he let her go.

"No it's okay, don't worry" she smiled.

And after giving it a bit of thought. Stella finally decided to go with him. Of course she was tired but she wanted to see Sky, she was definitely bringing joy to her. So they went and sat in the park while Sky was playing. But Stella wanted to know something out of pure curiosity.

"I have a question, don't answer if you don't want to but what happened to Sky's mother" she was looking at the little girl.

"Well, you really want to know" he asked and looked at her.

His stare was so persistent that she had to turn back and look at him.

"Only if you want to share, i mean if you are comfortable with telling me then yes i want to know"

"That's a long story well not so long but long enough"

She nodded and waited patiently for him to start saying a bit more about this whole story of his.

"Sky is not actually my biological daughter." And she heard that she opened her eyes but wasn't about to interrupt so she kept listening "when i think about it, it is still so crazy to me because i never saw myself as a father yet when i saw Sky i immediately knew that i wanted to provide a home for her. It was a rather cold night, and we were on shift of course. Most of us were sleeping and what not, until i just wasn't able to fall asleep. So i went for a walk and i started hearing noises, so i went out and i saw her in a little box outside of the fire station. She was so little and honestly wouldn't stop crying so I brought her in the firehouse and in my quarters, but since she wouldn't stop crying I didn't know what to do. And she definitely woke everyone up" he laughed.