a thousand gowns • chaennie

inspired by the legend of roro jonggrang, a myth from central java, indonesia.

"did you hear that? the rumors are spreading, you know," lisa whispered to jennie, her best friend. "ugh, that foolish clown could only wish. she would never be my girlfriend! she's such a loser." jennie rolled her eyes and sighed.

"first of all, if it wasn't for her brother fucking my mom, my dad would still be around. second of all, she's not even good at anything besides making problems! people call her pretty, but i don't even see why." lisa chuckled a little. "loosen up a bit, princess. it's not like she can be brave enough to ask you out publicly."

little did lisa know, chaeyoung was much crazier than that. she went super insane to the point that she made the whole school watch her ask jennie out to the coming very soon prom. the school car park was apparently full of people holding bouquets of red roses and two spreading a banner saying 'prom?'.

it was apparently the whole squad of chaeyoung's 'minions', helping their boss. jennie, no matter how bitchy her attitude was, became very flustered and embarrassed, because chaeyoung was not some popular jock or a top student. also, everybody already knew chaeyoung has been having a crush on jennie for years, which adds up the spicy situation. jennie despised her even more.

it became awkward once chaeyoung came up and knelt. "jennie, i like you. will you be my prom date?" the whole school also knew that jennie hated her with every cells of her body, so they expected the mad lad's act would end up in a rejection.

somehow, the ending was pretty much different from what people predicted it to be. jennie took a deep breath, and managed to calm herself down, and although her face already turned burning red, it changed back to the original skin color.

the manipulative and quick witted side of the kim jennie, took over her for less than a second. "well, chaeyoung-" the 'queen bee' answered in such a soft manner. "i would say no, but you like challenges, don't you?"

"you already know how much i don't like you, yet you still are out of your mind enough to ask me out right here, right now, in front of everyone. so let me give you another one."

chaeyoung's eyes lit up instantly. it felt like a fever dream. even though she knew the challenge would probably be impossible, it still gave her a little chance, a very small hope and that's all she ever wanted. chaeyoung's standards was set so low, even that challenge sounded wonderful in her ears.

"i- okay, i will do anything for you. if my win over the challenge is all you need for me to prove my love for you, then i will. anything for you."

"the prom is tomorrow and i want you to make exactly one thousand gowns overnight. prom gowns, and it should be done once the sun rises. if you could make it, i will rethink my decision on going to prom with you or not tomorrow."

everybody else, all the students supporting chaeyoung and the ones just watching were left speechless. how could one think of such a ruthless thing?

"oh and you can't buy it, because i will notice it once you show me the final product," jennie said with sass. "let's see how you'll manage to do it." lisa, jennie's sidekick, instantly cackled devillishly after saying that and left immediately with jennie.

chaeyoung was just on the ground, not knowing what she could do. she agreed to the impossible task, while she was totally helpless. then it hits her friends. "chaeyoung, we'll try to help you. friends don't turn their backs from each other, right?"

jisoo, her kindest, closest friend helped her from the ground. her other friends, approximately thirty of them and twenty gown designers asked by her friends agreed to help her. "you have loved her too long to give her up," hyeri, her other friend said.