Distance

We had to stop at a run-down motel for the night. I could use a break from driving.

"Wait here, and I'll get a room."

I told him as I got out of the car. I hoped Bucky will be all right on his own. As I was in the process of checking in, I heard a muffled scream. I looked out of the window to see Bucky having violent spasms in the car.

"Can you hurry up and give me the key!?" I hollered at the clerk with my hand extended out. His face was hardened with shock and fear as he handed me the keys.

"Thank you!"

I ran out and opened the passenger door. Bucky calmed down a little but was very shaken.

"Bucky," I calmly called out. He didn't respond, but his face was full of fear and pain. Even though he might hurt me again, I gently rested my hand on his shoulder. He winced away from my touch as if I was fire. I removed my hand while he stared at me as if I was the source of some great evil which he feared.

"I'm here. Come on, let's get you to the room where you can shower and relax."

I moved out of the way to allow the ghost of my fiancé out of the car. He shadowed me to room 9. I opened the door and switched the light on to find a full size bed, a night stand with a lamp next to it, and a TV that must have been from 2002.

"Alright, you can go shower if you want." I said as I went out to grab my bag and some food. I walked back in the room just as Bucky was undressing in the middle of the room!

"Oh my God! I'm sorry. I should have knocked!" I exclaimed as I shut the door until I realized that I had to go back inside anyways. I adjusted my bag to my shoulder to put my hand over my eyes, so I couldn't see him. I felt my cheeks begin to burn a little. I went on the opposite side of the bed to put down my stuff. I have seen him naked long ago, but I don't think he was comfortable showing off his body just like me.

"You go first." Bucky murmured as he was putting his pants back.

"Are you sure?" I asked, looking at him, and he stared at me intensely. Bucky's eyes being on me made my blood rush and my heart race to an unknown finish line.

"Alright. I'll shower." I grabbed my clothes then went into the small bathroom.

(Flashback) The warm water felt so different on my sensitized skin than before. Bucky had one more night with me before he had to go back to Europe, and I was making sure it counted. Every second need to count, but before that could continue, I needed to shower. As I was massaging my scalp, the shower curtain drew back to reveal the love of my life...nude.

"I'd thought I'd join you." He said with a crooked grin as he stepped into the shower with me. For some strange reason, I felt almost vulnerable as Bucky towered over me despite the fact that we just made love a few moments ago.

"Turn around," He said sweetly. I did so with beet red cheeks. I glanced over my shoulder to see Bucky grabbing the soap then rubbed it across my shoulder blades. A small moan escaped from my lips. Bucky chuckled.

"Feel good Kitty Kat?"

"Yes it does."

I turned around to wash off the soap and grabbed the bar while stealing a chaste kiss from him.

"It's your turn now Bucky."