Kitty Kat

(Present Day) I had to dry my tears before anyone saw me. I clenched onto Bucky's dog tags as my heart kept pounding against the plate that protected it.
"What have they done to you Bucky?"
More tears continued to stream down my face as I looked at my reflection in the bathroom mirror. No more tears; I had to stop. I splashed some cold water on my face then wiped away the evidence of my breakdown. Then I got a notification reading: 'Vault, now.'

The Vault was not good, for it could mean anything. I didn't like the i'm unpredictability of the future. With Bucky and Steve, hopefully still alive, this changed everything. I now had a purpose to leave Hydra alive. With Bucky...

I made my way to the Vault to see him with my own eyes after 70 years. My face was emotionless as stone, but if the guards listened carefully, they could hear the metal thump of my chest. Scientists were fixing his metal arm from the fight with Steve. Worry washed over me whether Steve was alive or not, but my face didn't show it. Bucky caught sight of me, which made the feeling of tears come. His eyes were dead like a shark. His long, brown hair didn't cover the hardness that was washed over his face. He kept his eyes on me, but he stared through me as if I was a ghost. Then out of nowhere, he threw the scientist across the room. Immediately, the guards put up their guns. I kept my arms crossed because I couldn't do anything as the love of my life had guns aimed at him. My heart rate started to race like a wild stampede. He kept his eyes on me despite the weapons on him. Then his lips moved after a long time of silence.
"What'd you say?!" One of the guards yelled. Bucky didn't peel his eyes off of me still. Only he repeated himself slightly louder, enough for me to hear him say,
"Kitty Kat."
I closed my eyes and bit my lip to prevent anything, but my heartbeat was like a drum. Of course, on one else understood, but me. They must have thought he said, 'kitty cat.' In this hour of darkness, Bucky gave me the little bit of hope I needed...he remembered me.