1939

(Flashback) "Oh Kat! Isn't this a riot?!" My friend Mary asking me with a wide grin on her face.

"It's alright, not as big as Coney Island's coasters, but yeah, I'd say it's fun." I smiled a small grin. We were walking around around the small carnival grounds in Brooklyn Bridge Park. Mary and I were always trying to get out of our houses since our parents were too prim and proper for us.

"Oh, come on, Kat. It's 1939, anything could happen!" I laughed as I ate my popcorn.

"Yeah, us actually getting married and having babies like our parents always wanted us to do since we were 16." I joked.

"Ugh! Anything but what those geezers want." We both laughed.

"Look! Let's go on the Ferris wheel!" I pointed it out. I loved the Ferris wheel, it was my favorite ride. We both ran to it until I ran into a wall and fell on the ground.

"Hey! Watch where you're walking, sweet cheeks." The wall said above me. I looked up to see a very handsome young man staring down at me with a smirk.

"Oh my! Kat are you okay!?" Mary scrambled to get me up as I was starstruck by the man's blue eyes that were so captivating like stars.

"Meow!" The man whistled.

"Watch your mouth!" I yelled at him because I hated when people associated my name to the animal cat.

"Whoa, whoa. No need to shout...Kitty Kat." I glared at him with as much meanness as I could give, but deep down, I loved the smirk he was giving to me right now. Then a small guy, who looked like a boy, came up from behind the rude yet handsome stud.

"What's going on here, Bucky?" The small guy asked quietly to the rude one named Bucky.

"Nothing, Steve. Just girls happening to find their way to me." He said with a proud smirk. Ugh, the cocky type as I rolled my eyes.

"Come on, let's go." I told Mary, but I was held back by Bucky. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"Yeah, let's all go to the Ferris wheel!" He hollered then laughed. Oh, his laugh was unlike any other and made me want to melt, but I couldn't do this despite the fluttering in my chest.

"No, not you and your friend. Only me and her." I yelled back, trying to get out of his grip, but he was too strong. Mary looked at me, worried. then Bucky stopped and looked at me very seriously while holding onto my shoulders.

"Bucky-"

"Shut it Steve," he said sternly to his small friend, which I thought was rather mean. "Look, we got off on the wrong foot. I'm Bucky and this is my friend, Steve. And you two beautiful angels are..."

"Leaving." I said firmly. I headed towards Mary, but then Bucky looped his left arm into my right.

"Leaving to the Ferris wheel, right Kitty Kat?" I was speechless as I was being dragged away from Mary to the Ferris wheel...

As I sat silently on the Ferris wheel, I avoided looking over next to Bucky until he took my hand from under my chin and held it while he said

"Look, I'm sorry if I'm coming off a bit strong, it's just I honestly think you're beautiful, Kat, and I-I want you to know me better until you realize that you are in love me because I think I might love you." He gave me a small grin with a spark in his eyes. He made my heart pound like a drum while my breathing became staggered. I don't know why but possibly by impulse, I grabbed his neck and pulled him to me until our lips crashed then melted together. I felt sparks, no...fireworks! I pulled away since I needed to breathe. He laughed quietly as I smiled and bit my lip.

"Hi." I squeaked as my cheeks began to burn.

"Why, hello there."

For the rest of the ride, we couldn't keep our lips away from each others'. They were like opposite ends of magnets, being attracted to one another.

"I think I can officially call you my girl." He whispered in my ear, which caused my heart to pound again.