Smithsonian

(Present Day) I was dancing in the moonlight with Bucky. Everything was so perfect until Bucky's cold metal fingers wrapped and squeezed around my neck.

"Bucky...please!" I choked.

"I love you."

I woke up from my nightmare to see Bucky hovering over me. He was glaring at me with those stone cold, dead eyes as I took deep breaths. My head was throbbing even worse than before; too bad the aspirin wore off on me.

"I'm awake." I told Bucky.

I looked at my phone to see that it was 8:05 A.M; the Smithsonian opened at 8:30. This was the longest I've ever slept in about 70 years.

"I'll get dressed and get you something to wear then we'll go to the museum." I croaked in a sleepy voice.

My head was in quite a bit of pain as I moved to my bedroom. After I got dressed, I could only find an large, worn denim jacket and a baseball cap.

"These are all I have Buc-"

I shut my mouth when I remembered. He took them and placed each of them on carefully as if they were going to electrocute him if placed on wrongly.

"Are you ready?" I asked him quietly then headed towards the Smithsonian. We were keeping our heads down all the way to the museum. Once we got inside safely, I head straight to Bucky's exhibit. I kept rereading:

'When Bucky Barnes first met Steve Rogers on the playgrounds of Brooklyn, little did he know that he was forging a bond that would take him to the battlefields of Europe and beyond.

Born in 1917, Barnes grew up the oldest child of four. An excellent athlete who also excelled in the classroom, Barnes enlisted in the Army shortly after the attack on Pearl Harbor. After winter training at Camp McCoy, Wisconsin, Barnes and the rest of the 107th shipped out to the Italian front. Captured by Hydra troops later that fall, Barnes endured long periods of isolation, deprivation, and torture. But his will was strong. In an ironic twist of fate, his prison camp was liberated by none other than his childhood friend, Steve Rogers, now Captain America.

Reunited, Barnes and Rogers led Captain America's newly formed unit, The Howling Commandos. Barnes' marksmanship was invaluable as Rogers and his team destroyed Hydra bases and disrupted Nazi troop movements throughout the European Theater.

Bucky Barnes 1917-1944'

Tears were silently streaming down my face as I also felt the dog tags that said, 'James B Barnes' against my skin. I was too lost in my memories to notice that Bucky was standing next to me. He was intensely reading about himself. I had to look away because more tears ran down my face as his eyes were full of conflict about himself. My hatred for Hydra increased while my grief for Bucky kept running down my face. I looked at the Howling Commandos' uniforms, of course, specifically at Bucky's. The picture of him behind the uniform made my heart beat against my metal plate. Someone came up next to me. I looked over to see that it was Bucky. He was look at me the I turned my face away to wipe my tears from him seeing. I couldn't cry in from of him; I don't think he could handle the burden of comforting me. I took a deep breath before looking back at Bucky.

"Are you ready to go?"

After a pause of being absolutely still, he nodded his head slowly. I led him back to my apartment. He moved past me then plopped himself on the couch. Bucky looked numb from everything. I remembered that I had to skip town as soon as possible. I went to my bedroom to grab my pre-packed suitcase and the picture of Bucky and I that he left on the night stand. I made my way out to Bucky, who actually looked up at me when I entered the room.

"Um...since you didn't kill me, I have to go and hide from a while. If you want to come, you can. They might come after you for not killing me."

He didn't say anything as usual, instead he made his way to the door. I followed him on the way out but was he coming or not? I had no clue. He stopped in front of the door that exited the building then looked at me. I didn't know what he was doing. He just stared at me.
"Я буду следовать." He mumbled. My heart skipped at beat as I understood it to be Russian for, 'I will follow'.

[Author's Note: So sorry about not updating for a while. I have been pretty and unable to update. And if anyone understands or speaks Russian, if I misused or misspelled anything so sorry!]