Until I Come Back

(Flashback) I got my own apartment since Bucky left for war. Chipper was off in the military too, which I considered strange since he was so small. He would have an asthma attack just climbing up stairs. I've never felt more alone, yes I did have my parents and Mary, but Bucky had my heart. I prayed to God everyday that he would return to me safely. I prayed to God that the war would end soon. It's been raging in Europe and the Pacific for 4 years now, but it felt so much longer than that. 1944 would be so much better if Bucky was holding my hand and standing beside me. I was cleaning out my apartment for anything that could be given to our boys over seas. I mostly walked everywhere since I gave away my bike and car for the tanks and planes. There was a knock on the door. Usually I never got visitors, so the knock startled me a bit. I straightened my old dress, which was one of the few I owned at the time, and I made my way to the door. I opened it to see a soldier...my soldier.
"Bucky!" I jumped into his arms and kissed him more passionately than ever before as he kissed me back with as much passion. Once I detached myself from his lips, he rested his forehead on mine. His touch felt like it never left my skin.
"Gosh, I've missed you so much Kat." He whispered.
"Come on in," I said taking his left hand and dragging him inside.
"I know it's small and bare, but with the war going on it's the best I can do. Oh, look at me I'm a mess, I-" I was rambling on.
"You look beautiful." Bucky said with a crooked smirk. A smirk that I missed so much. I could feel myself blush.
"Are you finally home from the war now?" I questioned with the hope of him saying 'yes'. Instead he sighed and my heart sank to the bottom of the Atlantic.
"We're going on a big operation soon to take down Hydra, Nazis' science division. I'm here on permission to be back in New York that I requested."
I could feel tears brimming my eyes. I didn't want him to go again. It was awful seeing him leave the first time. He rushed to me then embraced me tightly.
"Hey, it's okay Kitty Kat. I'll be home before you know it."
"That's what you said 2 years ago and always in your letters, Bucky." He frowned at me for what I said.
"How long are you staying?" I asked him.
"2 days," I sighed then wiped my tears away.
"I want to make them count, Kat."
"What do you mean?" I looked up at him while he gave me a mischievous smirk. Bucky leaned down then caressed my neck gently, trailing his way up to my earlobe; sucking on it. It made my body still like a statue as a fire started to burn inside me. He held onto me as my knees went weak.
"I think you know now Kitty Kat." Bucky whispered and I did. I led him to my bedroom and followed my sergeant's orders of lying bare on the bed. Bucky was so sweet and gentle yet passionate. I was no longer a virgin, but I was more than happy to give it to him. He was worth every second of it. As we laid in the afterglow of our ecstasy, Bucky propped himself up to look at me with a big grin then he took off his dog tags.
"I want you to hold onto these,"
I tried to push them back to him.
"No, I can't keep those. You need them." I argued. He chuckled.
"All you have to do is hold onto them until I get back. I promise I will get them back along with my wife."
"What!?" I grew startled as my heart pounded in my chest. Did he get married to some European tramp!? He saw the fear on my face as he laughed. He got out of the bed to get something from his pants pocket. Bucky sat next to me with a small diamond ring in between us. I gasped as my hand covered my mouth. I was in complete shock and awe.
"Katherine Claire Paulson, since you first rammed into me, I fell head over heels in love with you. Now, will you be my girl forever and marry me?"
I couldn't hold back my tears of joy as he slid the ring on my finger.
"So is that a yes?" He asked me with a grin.
"Yes! A thousand times yes!" I leaned in and kissed him intensely.
"I love you so much Bucky."
"I love you too...and don't you forget it."