Chapter 23: When war begains

Chapter 23: When war begins

Des POV

She had the most beautiful smile on her face as she looked around. Her hair spun around her and I could see the light red highlights from the sun. There were over 300 people at my cookout and I didn’t care about any of them other than her. “Come on Beautiful, I need to introduce you to some people.” I said as I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her to some old friends. I don’t know why I did it, but I felt like it was right. She knew about my past and they got out of it too, so why not at least introduce them.

Hunter, Aurel and Daemon were all sitting at a table talking. They looked different from before. In the past you wouldn’t have caught one of us wearing a bottom up shirt with jeans. The fact that all three of them were cleaned shaved and looked like they were actually enjoying themselves was a surprise too. The three looked up at us all with smiles. I was afraid that they wouldn’t want to talk to me, it’s not like I ever tried to talk to them again. “Hey, guys.” Justine seemed to shrink back a little when she saw them stand up. Daemon was bigger than me and the other two were just around my size. We were all towering over her; I pulled her closer to me and began playing with her hair. “Hey, done with just falling off the face of the earth?” Daemon teased as he walked around the table. “Yeah, I just need to sort some things out.” “I think we all did.” Aurel said with a smile. I wasn’t surprise he got out; he was always a good person at heart and never really would do much. He’s only problem was he was Remus’s brother. “That’s true. So how have you been?” Hunter asked.

“Pretty great, quite a bit of problems, but she makes it all better.” I said hugging Justine even closer to me. “Ah, yes how rude of Des to never introduce us. I’m Daemon, that’s Hunter and this kid is Aurel.” He said messing up Aurel’s hair. It was funny how he referred to him as kid, when he was a year older then Justine. I guess she was a kid after all. “I now what are we going to do with him?” Justine teased. “Is it a crime to want you all to myself?” I tried to whisper in her ear, but could tell from the looks the guys were giving me that it wasn’t that quiet. They were about to say another smug comment when another voice pierced through the conversation. “So Des you are still with that slut? When will you learn?” Graces high pitched voice was like nails scratching on a chalk board.

Justine stiffened and closed her eyes. I could hear her breathing heavy. “Grace, why are you here?” I asked as she made her way to in front of us. The guys didn’t say anything just glared at her. She had made a quite a name for herself so it didn’t really surprise me. “William told me about the cookout.” She said simply. Justine still didn’t say anything just stood there trying to be calm. “I’m going to kill that boy.” She muttered under her breath. I held her closer to me rubbing her arms to try to keep her calm. “Grace…” “Desiderius, when are you going to stop playing around with whores?” Anger flared through my body, and Justine was the only reason that I didn’t kill Grace that day.

Justine stepped out of my grip and when I tried to pull her back she smacked my hand away. “Grace, please leave.” She said in a calm soft voice. She was doing her best. I could see he little hands tightened to balls and the shaking of her leg. “Awww, look at Miss. Innocent trying to be calm. Why don’t you show everyone who you really are?” Grace poked at our anger more. The worst enemies are those who were friends. I could see Justine take another gulp of air as she stepped closer to Grace. “Leave.” It was a simple command. She didn’t put any power behind it; it was just a normal command. “No, I don’t really want to.” Justine control was slipping faster. Her hands tightened more and she bit her bottom lip trying to stop herself from saying anything. “I said LEAVE.” She repeated but this time she put power behind it. It was weird seeing her use her alpha voice. The guy’s eyes grow wide as they looked at my powerful little mate with surprise. Grace didn’t say anything just spun on her heels and left us.