Chapter 19: Please Repeat

Justine POV

The room I sat in was cold and dark. Sleep was trying to overtake my body, but I couldn’t. I sat at a big oak table with Uncle Mark, and other people from the pack. It was odd, because I knew all of the men’s sons well, but didn’t really know them, except for Trever’s father. All of their eyes looked like they were trying to pierce into my soul. None of them men looked welcoming or nice. Actually there was one man that didn’t look to terrifying. He had sandy brown hair and hazel eyes, Alex looked just like his father. They both had a welcoming smiles and caring eyes. Only if the other men had those traits. The cold soaked into my body and I started shivering loader. “Why should we believe her? She has bruises that could have cause brain damage.” Rays father, Rob, hissed. Des didn’t say anything just held my hand under the table. I couldn’t defend myself through my shivering. Des shrugged off his sweatshirt and wrapped it around me. I snuggled deeper into the sweatshirt and looked back at the men. “She has visions and we need to trust her.” Albert, Alex’s father defended me. “Why would he attack himself?” “We don’t know if he did. Will told us that. And say that the rest of the pack doesn’t know, if he planned the attack and it just happen to be a pack meeting. Most times if your ever to attack you try to get the defenses down and you know when they meet.” Albert reasoned.

Uncle Mark didn’t say anything just sat back in his chair and watch the men go back and forth. His arms were crossed over his chest and his eyes were staring at me. He wasn’t trying to be intimidating, but I’ve always been afraid of him. He had huge muscles and harsh looking eyes. When I was younger he would come and visited. I was so afraid I would run and hide in my room for hours. He made it his mission for me to like him, so he started bringing candy every time he visited. Slowly I became less and less afraid of him, but when my powers started coming in, I was afraid of everyone and stop coming out when he visited. A small smile stretched across my face as I thought of how this big man would sneak into my room and throw candy at me. Like he knew what I was thinking a smile stretched on his face, too. It wasn’t a smile that anyone sees on him much. “We trust Justine.” Uncle Mark concluded. “But Sir…” Uncle Mark turned to Rob glaring at him. That’s where Des gets his deadly glare from. “We trust Justine!” There was so much power behind his order that unwillingly I coward back, and it wasn’t even directed towards me.

Des wrapped his arm around me, because he could tell I was afraid. Des had been way more protective of me then he was before. He literally came rushing to my side when I sneezed. It was crazy, but a actually loved it. For years I knew I was loved, but I felt like no one actually was worried about me. It was like they all knew I could mange by myself, which I like the freedom, but it was nice to know someone cared. I snuggled into Des’s arm, which was difficult do to the different chairs. Rob turned to look at us. His eyes were full of hate and jealousy. I didn’t understand why he would be jealous of us. Yes, we were in love, but we both had a ton of problems. If it wasn’t for Des I would kill to have a different life. “How can they be Mates? She’s not even a wolf.” Ray hissed at us. Des went to say something, but I started shaking.

My hearing perked up again and I felt like I had no more control. Rapidly, I was violently shaking. Looking over at Des, I saw fear and love in his eyes. “Des...What’s…?” I tried to speak but I couldn’t only two words came out of me. “Jay, close your eyes. Fight it.” Des demanded. But I couldn’t my eyes wouldn’t close and I couldn’t do anything. It was like earlier when I shifted but I didn’t shift. All the men at the table stood up coming around me. They were staring, some worried, some annoyed and others just fascinated. “Des what’s happing to her?” Uncle asked concerned. “She’s been shifting randomly.” With that everything stopped. I stopped shaking, my hearing went back to normal. I had control of my body again. Confused I stumbled out of my chair and onto Des’s lap. There I berried my head in his Chest. Des didn’t say anything or move a muscle he just held me close. “Everyone leave, but Albert.” Uncle Mark demanded.