Chapter 32: A Memorable Sweet sixteen

Des POV

“This needs to be perfect. You’re sure that she has no idea about the party, right?” I asked Jess for the hundredth time. “I’m positive, stop worrying and get to school before Justine get ready for lunch and notice you’re not here.” She ordered through the phone. I looked around the backyard one more time. My mom and dad where setting up balloons when they looked up and saw me staring. “Go, we got it here.” He ordered with a loving smile. I nodded my head and ran into the house. I throw on my leather jacket that was hanging up near the door and keys off the table and ran to my car.

I pulled up to the front of the school when the bell rang signaling for lunch. As fast as I could I ran through the halls to the second floor where her class room was. I stopped directly in front of her class room as her and a red head name Becky walked out of the class room. “Seriously, it was one of the best times I had. You should have seen his face when I attacked him with ketch up.” She said with musical laughter. Her face was glowing as she told the girl about the first time we met. “You now that story makes me look bad.” I said leaning against the lockers. She spun around to face me with a huge smile. “No, it doesn’t that’s my favorite day in my whole life.” I sat my arms on her waist looking down at her. “Well we should change that then.” I whispered before kissing her.

“Happy birthday, beautiful.” I whispered looking in her eyes. “Thanks you.” “So how’s your birthday treating you?” I asked as we walked down the hall to the cafeteria. “Pretty good, it’s better now that I’m with you.” I lead her to our table with our friends. Jess, Alex, Hunter, Daemon, Aurel, Becky, Britney, and Caitlyn were all sitting at our usual table laughing, when we walked up. “My birthday girl!” Jess yelled as she pulled Justine in a tight hug. “Nice, too see you too, Jess.” Justine looked around the table and all the smiling faces. She smiled at them, but looked at me with tearful eyes. “Baby, don’t cry.” I cooed whipping away the small tears sliding down her face. “This is supposed to be a happy, don’t cry, silly.” I said kissing her nose. “It’s not the same without Trever or William.” “Williams always here with you and Trever is coming over tonight. So, please baby, don’t cry.” Her tears rolled away and where replaced with the smile I loved so much.

“Come on, Justine, I brought you cup cakes from home.” Britney called to her. Once Britney found out Aurel was her mate she started hanging out with us and the closer she and Justine got and the less snobby she got. “Oh, and Jay mom got you a birthday gift.” Jess said laughing and putting it down in front of her. Justine looked at the bag like it had an illness. “I’ll open it when I get home.” Jessica started laughing. “Wise, choice.” “Love, I’ll go get us food.” I said standing up and walking to the line. All the guys got up with me and walked to line, but that didn’t stop any of us from looking back at our mate lovingly. “Dude, can you believe this?” Daemon said hitting my back as I got the food. “Believe what, that somehow all five of us met our mates?” “Yeah, this is not how anyone imagined our lives before.” “I like these lives better.” Hunter added as he was looking at Caitlyn laugh across the cafeteria.

“What was that you told me? I was getting weak, when I met Justine.” “Guy’s we get it we are all happy about our mates, but can we please just get our food. I have a bad feeling.” Aurel said. I had the same feeling. I grabbed Jay’s salad and my pizza and started heading back to the table without waiting for the other guys. As I was walking to the table a group of five guys walked up to the table. They were all in my grade and looked like they were flirting with Becky and Britney. It didn’t alarm me too much, but I was getting there as fast as I could before Daemon and Aurel noticed because then there would a full blown war. I was only a few feet away when one of the guys noticed Justine. She was quietly sitting at the table reading a text message. “Hey, beautiful, who you texting?” One of them said leaning over her shoulder. I was standing at the end of the table glaring at him, but didn’t say anything to see how far he would take it. No one that valued their life would flirt with Justine.