Chapter 31: Double Couple

"Oppa! Over here!" she waves her hand enthusiastically from the entrance. "Eunseok Oppa!"

He finally spots her too and smiles, reciprocating the wave with a more composed one, accompanied by an adorning smile. When he reaches where we are standing, he gives her a hug and there they are, just hugging for ten seconds. Right behind him, however, is a girl, a very cool-looking girl, the girl-crush type with jet black hair and a feminine appearance, but the air around her is— I don't know. She's just really cool.

"Eunseok, you're walking way too fast," she says.

"Noona!" Moonsik smiles.

"Moonsik," she breaks into a smile which completely changes her impression. Such a warm and friendly smile.

"Y/n, Hunnie, this is Byul Noona."

"Hi, I'm Y/n," I grin, looking at Moonsik who has turned into a puppy at the sight of her and shake her hand.

"Hey-ya," Hunnie chirps. "I'm Hunnie."

"I know," Unnie smiles cheekily. "Eunseok couldn't stop talking about you. About how amazing and talented you are. He kept showing me pics from your Instagram. I absolutely love your hair design, I'm a fan, but he does it so often that I got annoyed. Not by your designs of course, they're amazing, but by him. So much that I don't really wanna be friends with him anymore."

"Ya!" Hyung blushes and Hunnie chuckles.

"Aww." That's right. Freaking aww.

"This event is bigger than I thought." He starts looking somewhere else, all over the place actually. "I knew it would be big but goodness this is massive!" Yeah, definitely changing the subject. I try to restrain a laugh. I guess I'll help him along.

"Yes, Huge with tons of food trucks, merch stalls and games. Have you guys eaten lunch?"

"Not yet."

"No."

"Great!" Moonsik chirps. I swear I see a tail behind him wagging excitedly. "We saw a lamb skewer food truck earlier. Let's go?"

We all nod and follow behind him as he promptly strides alone in the front to the said food truck a bit further in the festivities than the corndog stall. He must've been really nervous. His steps are a bit shaky and I can't believe he left Byul Unnie walking behind him back alone, in front of the happy couple who is now holding hands.

"Moonsik, slow down." I have to interject. "I can't walk that fast. Have you seen me? Strange body proportion, long torso, short legs? Emphasis on the short legs."

"Oh, sorry sorry," he chuckles nervously and stops for a bit, looking at me weirdly, which is fair because my legs are actually fine with keeping up with the pace and he knows that. But the pause gives Unnie enough time to catch up and stand next to him. The tip of Moonsik's ears reddens in realization of what I just did. When we all start walking again, they were walking in pairs. His ears stay red the whole time. Cute.

Something else entirely happens in Hunnie's case throughout the walk for food. Walking at the very back, I keep seeing Hunnie's constant lapse of concentration. Her gaze keeps on shifting and she has to ask Hyung to repeat what he said a few times. One. Two. And three. She glances at Byul Unnie again. Four. Is it because Byul Unnie arrived with Eunseok Hyung earlier? Is it because they are unexpectedly very very good friends? Aww, but oh. Jealous Hunnie is both cute and scary.

When we reach the place, I give my order and the money to Moonsik, wait for Hunnie to tell Hyung what she wants, then drags her aside.

"Y/n. Where are we going?" She looks around, completely baffled on why she just got dragged away. "I haven't give my money to Hyung. He's been treating me all the time and I feel bad. He says he wants to but still."