Chapter 32: The Grand Reveal

As planned yesterday, today I woke up at the usual time for a morning shift, got ready, grabbed my philosophy notebook, the pretty notebook, some pens and pencils, and walked out the door half an hour early, that is after calculating the added distance with the train ride and the walk. It could be excitement, it could be nerves, but now as I'm sitting in the MRT train, all I can think about is wearing the 'Nevermind' beanie I won yesterday to invite conversations and having lots of chats with fellow armys while making their orders. Hopefully, that will take the edge of both of us, them of waiting in line or waiting for their drink, mine for working a full ten-to-seven day in a truck. Or not. That might not happen at all. The coffee truck might not be popular. I guess it's a good thing I grabbed the books. I even have my trusty power bank with me in case I want to spend the lonely time online.

Just missing the morning rush hour, the compartment is almost empty. I sit with no one else at least three chairs on both sides, trembling with my arms folded, holding each other, the limbs trying to share some warmth. The air is cold, very cold, and I have nothing to do. Should I start reading now? Should I do some observation practise like that homework Professor Ha gave us in Introduction to Behavioural Psychology? Maybe. I don't have the psychology notebook with me right now but I guess I could scribble it on the back of the philosophy book with a pencil or something. I guess that would work. Or I could always take out the pretty notebook that I haven't opened in quite a while. It's probably time to open it again anyway.

+++++

{Operation 'Let's be happy together.'}

Goals:

Objective 1: Help Hunnie find something that makes her even happier than she already is.

Objective 2: Maybe help Moonsik find someone too while you're at it (keep it a secret from Moonsik.)

Objective 3: Love yourself.

Objective 1 missions:

STEP 1: Talk to Eunseok hyung and try to see what he approximately feel towards her ✔️

STEP 2: If the relationship turns out possible, get them to 'accidentally meet' often

STEP 1.5: Arrange a "blind" date between Hunnie and Eunseok hyung (and pray that it'll go great). 💯💯💯

STEP 2B: If Eunseok hyung is not interested, find something else for Hunnie to be happy (to be figured out) (seems unnecessary from Hunnie's reaction but to be confirmed)

Objective 2 missions:

STEP 1: While doing objective 1 step 1, ask Eunseok hyung whether he knows someone single, nice, funny, and likes anime or tolerate someone who does (work in progress)

Objective 3 missions:

STEP 1: Walk around without a wig and try to not feel self-conscious ✔️✔️✔️

STEP 2: Does anything you want in public even if it's weird, and try to not care about the weird looks or comment people say. (half tick) (reading a BTS fanfic in front of Tae-ssi must've count for something, right?) ✔️

STEP 3: Talk to ma and pa (half tick)

+++++