Chapter 1: Milk and Autograph on the Receipt

"Thanks so much for covering for me today! I love you so much!" Hunnie throws herself at me right as I enter the little Seven-Eleven that is sitting snugly at the corner of the street, a few blocks away from the university I attend. Her bulky orange suitcase standing proudly behind her.

"Better get me some souvenirs then," I reply, laughing as I struggle to remove her limbs that are wrapped around me like octopus's tentacles. It doesn't work. Hunnie is always consistently energetic, and being a thin 5 foot 1, she's surprisingly strong for her size. I lower my hand in surrender. Let her attach her tentacles to me, I don't care anymore.

"You just thought that I'm surprisingly strong for being this small didn't you?" She chirps, putting on a smile that is as bright as it is mischievous.

"No. I was thinking about how much of an octopus you are being right now." How the heck does she always manage to do that? 

She quirks her eyebrow."How did I manage to do that though you've perfected your poker face? Maybe I'm a psychic," she shrugs. I put up a nonchalant face. "Cute," she says, rustling my hair. I don't get her. I never do, but that's fine. Maybe she really is a psychic. Honestly, I'd rather not know.

Suddenly, a familiar tune starts to play. "La, lalalalala la la la la! Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah—"

"Shit shit shit shit," she mutters under her breath. Hunnie frantically shoves her hand in her pocket to fish for her phone. It's an alarm. She turns it off. "I gotta go now or I'm gonna be late, and dead, cause my sis WILL hunt me down and kill me."

"Tell your sister I wish her for the best with her husband to be. Now go! Run! I'll take care of it." 

She stays for a moment, looking at me all puppy-eyed, then wiping fakes tears away with her fingers. "ThankyousomuchIloveyou," she said while blowing hundreds of air kisses to my face then stuffing her phone back into her tiny pocket. "Y/n, I'll for sure get you something, maybe a guy."

I sigh. She's being cheeky again.

"Then maybe a girl?"

"Hunnie no. I told you, I'm not interested in dating anyone."

"Try dating first, then maybe you'll change yourmind." She opens the door, and turns away. "Maybe I should bring Y/n someone."

"Don't you dare!" She runs out with her stuff laughing. It sounds ridiculous to show such a big reaction to what sounded like a joke. But this is Hunnie. She could actually do it.

"Better get to work." I walk into the staff room to go get changed and settle down.

***

In the evening, there's a sudden surge of people entering the store and all of the sudden, the peacefully quiet place that was only buzzing with the sound of the coolers turns rather noisy when a group of girls in uniform, who probably just came back from their academy, goes in together in a herd.

"Did you watch their performance today?" I hear one of them say near the instant noodles rack.

"I totally did! Thank goodness for my seat, the witch and goblin didn't catch me today."

"You actually watched it live? I was sitting in front and goblin was staring at me all scary as if he could peer into my soul and see that I wanna ditch his class and burn the school or something."

"Y'all are crazy. Imma watch it at home. Don't let my parents know you guys are talking like this or they won't let me hang out with you anymore," a girl with a ponytail says.

"This is still nothing," says the one that was looking at the noodles. "At least we're not saesangs."

"Yea right, I saw this girl yesterday zooming on Jungkook's abs on her phone screen, staring at it without blinking for a minute straight."