|| Langa x Reki || Whispers || Pt 1 ||

Langa's POV

His head hurt. Everything was dark. 

The whispers wouldn't go away. 

Something or someone was shaking him, but he could not feel nor hear a thing. The thoughts consumed him, echoing and hissing within his mind. 

These whispers had been a constant problem ever since childhood. Langa had seldom collapsed from them, but he always had to stay still for a few moments before they passed. It was unnatural, raw, and unbound. 

"Langa!" Reki's panicked voice broke through that barrier, the first thing flitting through his consciousness.  It was ridiculous, absolutely comical that Reki could send those whispered words flying out of the sky blue haired male's mind and into abyss somewhere far from where they were. 

"Langa, are you alright?" Reki yelped as the other's hands yanked him down a level, burying his head in the red haired male's shoulder. 

"Thanks." His voice was slightly muffled by the fabric, but he knew Reki could hear. 

"Alright." Reki was still as non-questioning as ever, he obviously did not know about what had been disturbing Langa's mind, but no one could blame him. 

"I'm sorry." 

The words were soft, so as to not allow all those mixing emotions to seep in. It felt wrong, relying so much on someone like this. Before his father had died, the whispers would die down when those huge, warm hands had wrapped around him like a blanket. Then, his father was gone, and the mist grew louder than ever. Clouding and calling him, constantly making him tremble with fear. Langa was brave, but he couldn't seem to fight back alone. 

There had to be someone else. 

Someone to rely on. 

Someone to calm him. 

Now, there seemed to be another. Someone who was not his father. Someone who was not gone from his life forever. 

The aqua eyed male had found someone he cared about more than anyone in the world. Someone he was willing to sacrifice himself for, and the name was, of course, Reki Kyan. His first and best friend he made in Japan. 

They sat there, both feeling the tingling in their legs from staying in one position too long. 

Both had been working on their skateboards for a long time, inside Reki's workshop, and were tired and dirty. 

When Langa's headache hit, there had been a momentary pause to the work they were doing so that the red haired male could calm the other. 

Hazel eyes twinkled as Langa looked up. Figuring that Reki had already come to a conclusion that the other was experiencing panic attacks, Langa could tell that he would not be asked about his situation in the near future. 

"Don't apologise, Langa." Reki said as they finally moved, "It's not your fault."

Langa tried to smile as he lifted his head, his face instead contorting into something he himself couldn't see. Reki grimaced at this and patted the other male's back lightly. 

"Let's pack away for today." 

And Langa was relieved. He had been on the verge of collapsing, and when he finally slumped back into Reki's house, he was stumbling over his own feet. 

"Langa dear, I contacted your mother to tell her you can stay with us tonight. It's too late and I'm sure Reki will be happy to have you over. Now run along and take a shower. After, you two can sleep. I can tell you're both tired." As Reki's mother smiled at them, the red haired son of hers muttered something to her in appreciation and hurried upstairs. 

Langa nearly toppled over several things when heading toward Reki's room where he had now frequently stayed. 

Probably asleep until there was a sound of dripping water and quiet laughing, Langa stood shakily and headed into the bathroom. 

The shower was quick, and after, he put on the clothes Reki's mother had so kindly laid out for him. Now, he could not remember how he had gotten into the Reki's mattress and rolled over, but soon enough, both were deep asleep. 

Everything was dark, there was a sudden heartbeat, and Langa realised that he was instantly losing control. 

He could not sense the world, only the silence that surrounded him like a veil. He could feel approaching footsteps, but not hear them. 

Then, there his father was, smiling like he always did, bringing colour to the world as Langa's eyes widened in joy and surprise. Then, it was gone, as if something disappearing in the reflection water, a mirror in a lake, the surface of his mind. 

No more colour. A tear fell...

Langa's silent scream failed to follow his father, Oliver, who disappeared now without a trace. 

Hazel eyes now replaced his vision, and as Langa stepped back, he found Reki smiling at him. That beautiful laugh and smile again filling his whole body with warmth so very different from what his father gave him. It was the kind of warmth you felt from something close to that special kind of love one could only experience a few rare times. 

Then things were fading, Reki's face changing, contorting into a tortured scream. The sound of Reki leaving brought tears to Langa's eyes, crying and screaming, shuddering and retching, choking, all alone. 

"Reki... please... don't leave..." 

Everything was gray...

Reki's POV

Silence... then the whimpering. Reki did not understand what was going on. Turning around, he found that tears were flowing in streaks down from Langa's eyes, the other still asleep. Reki did not know what to do when the other's hands wrapped themselves around his waist and as everything stilled aside from tears. 

It was no use trying to wake Langa; he was sleeping like a rock. The tears built as the hands clutched at his waist, seemingly grasping something from another world. 

Reki had no idea what it was, or perhaps who was the better question. 

And maybe he couldn't help, but trying was better than nothing. 

Shaking didn't work, and neither did trying to whisper-yell in his ear. Langa wasn't budging, the tears flowing faster than ever, and now Reki was worried. 

Reki was debating what to do when the arms that had nearly suffocated him released, only to flail for something in the air that was invisible to the red haired male's eyes. 

Langa's breathing was coming in pants, something chilling and odd. Reki couldn't understand. Did people usually have panic attacks when they were asleep? Surely that couldn't be right?

Slowly, Reki leaned down, he himself didn't even know what he was planning to do exactly. Only something to stop the breathing? Perhaps not the wisest decision during a panic attack?

As the two mouths pressed together, Reki felt something shift as Langa tried to lean up. 

Immediately releasing the other, Reki's eyes widened. 

Then—

"Reki... please... don't go..."