|| Langa x Reki || Melody & Nebula ||

Langa's POV

Melody: a word that could symbolise life in many different ways. The small sequence of notes that was so carefully arranged into notes corresponding to each other, supporting one another... that delicate, but strong flow of sound that was so very fulfilling to one's soul...

Langa was that melody. The strand of lone lines formed onto a page of white, completed with notes, each with their very own unique aspects. 

Then, he had met Reki, and that small melody had shaped and resized itself into a harmony. Notes combining and crisscrossing. Tossing and turning, stars in the sky. 

As each turned, the sound turned with it. Laughter, cries, losses and gains all made up the person Langa was today. 

When he had lost his father, the joy had disappeared; gone out of everything around him. 

When he met Reki, the vacancy of everything had seemed to explode out of his body, the emptiness inside him had been filled by a completely different emotion. Some would call it desire, others obsession. Most would call it love. 

"Langa." Reki's smiling face was before him once more, covering up the wounds and sadness, mending all the broken pieces... 

"Reki..." The glass shattered as the illusion broke, shards slicing his cheek...

The dream had been pleasant, satisfying in an odd way that Langa failed to understand. 

It was almost midnight, nearing the time Reki had asked him to meet. The sky-blue haired male didn't understand what Reki wanted to show him, but surely it had to be important for Langa to have to wake at midnight... right?

Careful not to wake his mother, Langa grabbed a jacket and put on his shoes, heading out on his skateboard like usual. But this wasn't usual. First of all, it was midnight, the pulse of silence sinking deep. Second, he was only meeting Reki at the park where they trained and not their usual spot for school. Lastly, this was not in their normal routine.

As he crept down the stares, shivers made its way up his body, giving him goosebumps and the urge to run.

After that, there was no other interference. Everything went smoothly and the sky-blue haired male was happy to see that Reki was already waiting for him when he reached the park. 

"Come on!" Reki smiled as he saw Langa's skateboard, "You also brought your skateboard!" 

They started skating along the road, soon reaching what seemed like a mountain. The couldn't use their skateboards now, so they walked, laughing and talking without a care in the world. 

"Tell me, Langa, do you ever think we could stay like this forever?" Reki laughed, but somehow the questions punched a hole somewhere in his body, it felt hallow. 

"No." Langa whispered.

"Langa?" 

"I mean of course!" Langa tried to make his eyes shine like usual, but he could tell Reki sensed something. 

Sometimes, one had to think. Even in the darkest of times, or the brightest. Dragged away by his own feelings, emotions and thoughts, Langa forgot all about what was happening in reality. 

Strange... it felt so lonely sometimes without a friend, and yet you would also feel relief... Langa could not describe this feeling, he wanted to love and be loved, but he also wanted to be left alone. How could something like that be separated? How could he tell the difference?