Chapter Twenty Four

Hey guys, please read carefully as their are two time lapses in this chapter, Naira recalls things that happened 11 months before it all starts.

6 months later

" Wait...what?" I asked not believing what he said

" Hmm..yes"  Lucas answered through the phone"

"  When can I come then?" I asked nervously

" I don't know Naira, maybe not now" he said and ended the call.

It hurts, it really hurts, after their surgeries they were taken back to their hometown, the doctors were not ready to transfer the body but David was adamant, as it would be more dangerous for them to be in a hostile territory and it could also attract the police. So somehow we managed to get them back to the mansion where their personal doctor took care of them, but when it was my turn, I failed, the blood transfusion didn't work, it just didn't.

I was a failure, whatever I touch, I destroy it. I couldn't do anything when Tyler was attacked neither I can help them now. I was depressed for a month, then Megan asked me to change my environment as it is depressing to live in one place. I was not ready, but then David and me left for Italy. I'm trying to lay low, living in a small apartment. David left for his work, he goes to different countries wherever he gets the contract, he doesn't live with me.

After I left for Italy, I heard that Tyler has gained consciousness, I really wanted to talk to him, but what am I even going to say to him, I'm pathetic.
I didn't get any news about Kartik, he's still in coma, Lucas has asked me to stay in Italy for sometime because my life is also at threat and without Kartik, Lucas is already under a lot of pressure.

Lucas told me that David was dead 6 months ago, he didn't came back from his last mission, and then Lucas confirmed from the hospital he was admitted in. I was more broken, was this really the end of our happiness, our lives?.Time passed like this and I'm still in Italy for the last 11 months.

Then suddenly my doorbell rang, I was startled for a minute, maybe it's the neighbors. I went and peeked through the magic eye, and was shocked. The doorbell rang again, I slowly opened the door. He came inside wearing a confident smile as if he owns the place.

Vote.Comment.Share.Follow.

I would love to read your comments. Thanks for reading my book.

~Ellen⚡