xiii ~ 𝐴 𝑊𝑜𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑟 𝐵𝑜𝑟𝑛 𝐴𝑔𝑎𝑖𝑛

*Not Edited*

"We are the Dragon's twins daughters

"We are the Dragon's twins daughters."

~~~

More than half of the Khalasar left the night the dead danced in the Khal's tent. Only five animal-skin-tents remained with around thirty people inhabiting it. Most of them were slaves that the Targaryen twins had saved only a fortnight ago.

Rhae sat beside the bed inside of the Khal's tent, waiting for her sister to awaken as she slumbered.

"Rhae?" Daenerys' quiet voice shook as she began to sit up. "Oh, gentle, gentle." Rhae cooed as she gently laid Daenerys back down.

"My son... where is he? I want to see him."

Rhae averted her gaze towards the ground.

"Where is he?"

Rhae sighed as she lifted her head to look at Daenerys, "Rhaego did not live."

Daenerys' expression morphed into grief as she took the sorrowful knowledge in, "Tell me, Rhae."

"Once that witch put her hands on Khal Drogo, the boy did not live. The women say..." Rhae trailed off, not wanting to tell Daenerys what her son had been described as when he came from her womb.

"What do the women say?"

"They say the child was-"

"Monstrous, twisted."

The Targaryen twins turned their gazes towards the entrance of the tent at the voice of Mirri Maz Duur.

"I pulled him out myself. He was scaled like a lizard... blind... with the leather wings like the wings of a bat. When I touched him the skin fell from his bones. Inside he was full of graveworms."

Rhaenaerys threateningly looked towards Mirri, stopping the witch from continuing further. "I warned you that only death can pay for life. You knew the price."

"Where is Khal Drogo? Show him to me. Show me what I bought with my son's life."

"As you command, lady. I will take you to him." Mirri spoke as she turned to exit the Khal's tent.

"Time enough for that later-"

"I want to see him now."