𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢 𝕲𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐛𝐲𝐞, 𝕭𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐨𝐥𝐟 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐬 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐏𝐚𝐜𝐤______________

______________

____ The hour of dusk rolled across the sky shinning above the ancient castle of Winterfell. The Royal guests began to retire for the night, as the occupants of the castle left for their homes in the villages, while the Starks' servants left for their chambers.

Meanwhile, inside of the dark and gray walls of the Northern castle, Rikson Stark, carrying his youngest brother with Alysanne behind them, had just entered young Bran's chambers.

Lady Stark sat beside her slumbering son, her sobs muffled by her calloused hands.

Alysanne lowly whined as she lowered herself beside her brother, Summer, who lay beside his Stark on the bed, both of the wolves worried for the Stark.

The room remained somberly silent, aside from Lady Stark's muffled sobs, as Rikson set little Rickon down, watching his brother walk towards their mother.

Catelyn removed her hands from her tear stained face when she heard footsteps approaching her, setting sights on her youngest son. She now noticed that two of her four sons had entered the chambers. Bringing her youngest child into her arms, having noticed the tears glazing Rickon's eyes, she faced her secondborn child and son, who remained by the wooden door of Bran's chambers. It was Rikson who spoke up,

"How?"

His mother sniffled, rubbing soothing circles on Rickon's back, as she responded,

"I-I just found him on the ground... laying
in a pool of his own blood. Maester Luwin said he must have fallen from the broken watchtower
while he was climbing."

Rikson shook his head, "Bran never falls."

When the secondborn Stark had, unintentionally, warged into his direwolf that day, a bond between them had sparked open. Therefore, Alysanne could sense whatever her Stark was feeling without even having to look at him.

Sensing his somber emotions through their newfound bond, Alysanne released a low whine as Rikson approached the bed with glossy azure eyes.

Rikson bit his lip when it began to tremble, knowing he needed be strong for his family, as he placed his hand on young Bran's head, moving the strands of brunette hair from his cold forehead.

"Will he live?"

Catelyn could hear the utter devastation in her son's voice as he kept his broken gaze on his slumbering younger brother, knowing her sweet boy was using all of his strength to remain strong in front of her and Rickon.