𝐱𝐢𝐢 𝕳𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝕾𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝕳𝐚𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐝

𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐒𝐮𝐟𝐟𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐨 𝐇𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐒𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐇𝐚𝐭𝐞_________________

_________________

____ Cloaked by the white shroud of clouds, the sun shone brightly above the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros whilst the hours of mid-day passed above the cold lands of the Northern Kingdom.

A few days had passed since the youngest brother of the Queen rode through the gates of Winterfell, and the news of Lady Stark's capturing of the young Lannister had spread quicker than Wildfire.

Now, inside of the training yard in the stoneware castle, the thunk of an arrow landing on it's straw target echoed across the yard, floored by light-brown sand that gleamed a cream color as the sun glimmered upon it.

The arrogant boy of House Greyjoy held a bow in his grasp as he loaded another arrow onto the string, as his cocky smirk grew with every target he hit. Sitting at the dark-wooden table behind the Ward, the Lord of Winterfell's bright, river blue, eyes stared into the nothingness of air as his handsome expression held a tense thoughtfulness. Robb had been shocked by the news of his mother's capturing of Lord Tyrion, wondering what she had been thinking when she arrested the Queen's brother. Whilst the secondborn son of House Stark sat upon the sturdy wooden fence beside the yard, a thoughtful expression on his handsome features, as well, as his hands fumbled with the other on his lap.

The continuous thunks the arrows made as they lodged into the straw targets, lined against the stone walls that surrounded both the yard and all of the castle, were a calming sound to Rikson as his thoughts danced around his jumbled mind. Fortunately, the clinking of the Maester's chains echoed across the training yard as he walked into the yard. Though, the grim look on his aged features did nothing to ease the Starks of their worries.

Maester Luwin approached the table the Lord of Winterfell sat beside before handing him the letter of parchment in his hand, bringing only grim news with it from the capital in the South.

"What is it?" Robb's voice was laced in his Northern accent as he spoke, though the aged Maester only sighed and nodded towards the letter, gaining the Greyjoy boy's attention as he dropped his bow on the ground, earning an eye roll from Rikson at his disregard for the weapon.

The secondborn's blue eyes, that resembled the magical ice that made up the Wall, watched as his brother unfurled the letter and began reading it. Soon enough, his brother's expression morphed from confusion into an anger he had only seen on his brother's features few times. Therefore, wondering what had made his usually calm brother so angry, Rikson hopped down from the fence and walked towards his fuming brother, taking the letter into his grasp as his eyes skimmed across the black ink written words from the South.