𝐱𝐯 𝕾𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝕻𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝖂𝐨𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐬

𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐂𝐮𝐭𝐬 𝐃𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐒𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬________________

________________

____ The bright sun of the hours in the dawn casts it's golden hues upon the Tower of the Twins, the Trident shimmering beneath the horizon as it's petite waves gently ripple together in a delicate song of soothing waters. The Twin Towers on a white field, the banner of House Frey, dance with the rivers breeze as the cawing of a raven echoes throughout the Maester's chambers, before the black bird flaps it's wings as it glides from the window, a cream parchment tied to it's leg as it flies from the Towers.

The whistle of an arrow cuts through the winds, before the wood itself lodges into the bird's feathers, the creature falling from the sky and landing on the grass with a dull thud.

The Greyjoy boy walks towards the raven, setting his bow on the soft grass as he unties the letter from the bird's leg, before standing from the grass, his blue eyes drifting across the Northern army standing some distance from the Twin Towers, his friend and his brother standing at the head of the army, with their mother, Ser Rodrik and Lord Umber beside them.

Theon, having picked up his bow from the ground, walked towards the Stark brothers, placing the, rather small, letter into Robb Stark's outstretched hand. The arrogant Greyjoy, then, smirked at the secondborn Stark with a raise of his brows, earning a roll of icy eyes from Rikson Stark, not in the mood for the intolerable Greyjoy's arrogance.

I could've Warged into that bird, or slipped one of the men's shafts through it's eye, Rikson thought to himself, looking to the sky, as his brother read the letter, before speaking,

"It's a nameday message to his
grandniece, Walda."

"Or so Walder Frey would have you think." Rikson responded, still looking at the sky above them, finding a tranquility inside of him as he stared at his more favored hour of the days in Westeros. 

Everything falls like the sun.. and only the strongest rise once more, Rikson thought to himself.

It was Lady Stark that spoke up next, "Keep shooting them down." The Greyjoy boy nodded, as she continued, "We can't risk Lord Walder sending word of your movements to the Lannisters." Robb removed his Tully gaze from the looming Twin Towers before them, and onto his mother, "He's grandfather's bannerman.. we can't expect his support?"

"Expect nothing of Walder Frey, and you'll never be surprised." Lord Umber spoke from where he stood beside Ser Rodrik, having known the repulsive and elderly Frey for many years.. too many.

"Look." The secondborn spoke, his eyes removing themselves from the golden sky and onto the stallions trotting towards the army, the unmistakable banners of House Frey swaying with the wind, held by the men sitting upon the horses. Looking towards the approaching men of House Frey, Robb spoke up, "Our father rots in a dungeon... how long before the Lannisters take his head? We need to cross the Trident, and we need to do it now."