XV- Karnya- The last thing we need is to draw attention.

We landed onto dry grass which I unfortunately knew as the banks of the River Vaitarna. I landed on my feet, sending a sharp stab of pain from my ankle, right to my neck. 

The river Vaitarna roared, a bit more fiercely than normal, as if to say, "GET OUT!" 

"River Vaitarna, part for me!" Nilan yelled. The river parted for, like, a second, and then went back to its normal, sullen, state. 

"Can't do it. I'm losing my hold on Mrityuloka by the second. I can feel it." Nilan said, clenching his fists, as if hoping that his power would come back to him. Aranya patted him sympathetically on his back. 

Then, she concentrated, and suddenly a boat appeared. It was made up of wisps of energy, like her knife. "Go! I can't hold it too long!" We scrambled onto the boat and Aranya came on last, as she tried to anchor it. 

We carefully rowed the boat across the river, and after we reached the other side of the bank, the boat shimmered and disappeared. Aranya collapsed and Sid caught her. "Fine. I'm fine. Just gimme the nectar." Aranya murmured, and grabbed the thermos which held her nectar. She took a huge gulp, and got back to her feet. 

"'Kay, let's go." she said. 

We walked to the obsidian doors that separated the Kingdom of Death from the World of Living. 

The two guard dogs, Ek and Do, were missing. We cautiously went inside, and Aranya stepped forward. "No! The last thing we need is to draw attention!" I said, angrily. "Just trust me." she said calmly.

"WE SEEK AUDIENCE WITH YOUR NEW KING!" 

Nilan scowled at her.

All the spirits turned towards her, their bored expressions becoming mildly interested. "Are you the avatars?!" one of the spirits hollered.

I raised an eyebrow at her. Well?

She raised her chin and said, "We are."

A particularly mean looking spirit raised a greasy eyebrow and said, "Follow me! Lord Yuyutsu would like to meet you."