XXIX- Isha- I was eating ice-cream!

"We need to attack today." Aranya said. 

"Wh-what?" I asked, freezing in the action of eating ice-cream. 

We were all in her house, eating ice-cream, to discuss battle plans. "Why today?" Sid asked.

"Chandra's army is unstable. It's mostly comprised of monsters and yakshas terrified for their lives. He told me that we should attack as soon as possible before any of them break free. Plus, I had a vision, and today's an auspicious day."

"But we haven't figured out Karna's weak point. And he's definitely going to be in battle." Sam said, licking the ice-cream scooper, which dampened all our appetites. 

"It's like a gut feeling. According to the calendars, tonight is going to be when the moon is at its strongest. That will put the Kauravas off guard." Aranya said, drinking up the melted ice-cream from her bowl.

"Isn't Chandra's army full of, well, monsters?" Karnya asked.

"Yes. We're fighting fire-to-fire. But don't forget, there are yakshas too."

"'If you fight fire-to-fire, the world will go up in smoke.'" Sam quoted.

"Wasn't there a better time to quote A Series of Unfortunate Events, bro?" Aranya sighed. 

"No there wasn't." he said, grinning. 

I took a deep breath, and said, "I'm ready to fight." "So am I." Aranya said. Karnya agreed, and so did Sam and Sid. 

"Let's go tell the Pandavas.

x-x-x-x-x-x- TIME SKIP -x-x-x-x-x-x

That night, my palms sweated amidst the thousands of yakshas who were preparing for war. We all were silent, and suddenly, the light of the moon that was falling on us disappeared. 

Now the only light we had, was the refraction of the lantern light on our weapons, and the lanterns, of course.

Aranya nodded, and we silently entered the magical boundary of Amaravati.

Either we won or lost, it would be a bloodbath, that I was certain of.