XVIII-Sid- The Lost War

He was dead. I couldn't think that was possible. Aranya looked ready to fling herself off the edge of the Pit too, and I caught her in time, before she actually did.

"He's GONE." she sobbed into my shirt. "I- I'm sorry." I stammered. 

"Look." she said, suddenly. She pointed to the lake where I had been thrown into. It was blood red. A small plaque, hidden by the dirt, read: The Lake of Wisdom.

The sky was turning dark too. Long shadows fell upon the demons, making them look eerie. 

The solar eclipse had started. I remembered the lines of the fatal prophecy:

The place of me where you bathed, shall turn red with the blood of those in a raid.

and another one:

The sun shan't shine, when he of Time shall disappear.

'He of Time'?

Oh. Oh.

The god of Death was also the god of Time. Then, I felt cheered up. 

But fear not, he shall not rot.

An ominous creak came from my left. 

"Um, guys. We need to go." Isha said, her voice high-pitched.

"Karnya, use your coin. We need a cover."

She nodded and threw her coin. Darkness engulfed us, and we took a portal to the underwater palace where the Pandavas lived.

I stared around at the dark walls. Aranya's eyes flashed white, and then came back to normal. I.... saw demons running in the Nandana Gardens. Then... the corpses of yakshas and yakshinis in Amaravati. 

"We lost the war, didn't we?" I whispered.

Aranya just nodded.