News Worthy

Moni POV

2021- Virginia

"He's Done It Again

"He's Done It Again." The News Reporter on television said... his facial expression seemed so happy as if what he just reported was a win in a baseball game or a basketball game. I stared at the television downstairs with amazement and wonder, I've seen this man plenty of times and he has never left my gaze. I am very paranoid right now at the same time checking to see if my mom is watching me from the stairs or somewhere because I'm not supposed to be watching this, but my mom can't keep me from him forever, he makes my life more important sadly and I am fascinated. 

I've seen this time and time again with who they call Newsworthy, and people are still so weird when it comes to him.... there is a bad background to his name and ego and everything, but I like the suspense and how everyone changes. I like how everyone surrounds him, and his name is heard everywhere, and I like to say it, I know it isn't his name really, but the hype makes me want to know more about him especially how the news makes him a topic every other week somehow and have smiling faces every time, they must love him.

"Newsworthy, we all know him, we all love him, but man you guys' favorite person in the world cannot stay out of jail, it's like his favorite place to be, but that's what he's famous for, but today he has gotten out of jail," Charles said and my face was glued to the television. I noticed people's body language off the rip, but most importantly the reason I was watching the news anyway was Newsworthy, we'll that's what they call him, and it suits him with the fact that he cannot stay out of jail and off the media, they love reporting him anyway, so it doesn't matter. 

I know the people backstage, the ones that weren't on camera were just as happy, all I heard was clapping. I didn't get it, what were they so happy for? I didn't get any of it right now. It felt like a secret society that no one was allowed in on, but they and I wanted to know, the news is the most messed with information and one of the information in the world that can make and break you especially sensitive people, and people that believe in every little thing told to them. Doing things like this should get the news locked up but it doesn't.

I was up downstairs watching the early morning news and I'm happy because it's Saturday and I get to be up as late as I want tonight, and I choose to be down here watching him. At first, I didn't get the hype about this man, but now I do, he is Mesmerizing and a bad influence, but it's like you can't help, but want to watch him. Now... I understand why watching your kid 24/7 should be mandatory not even with the help of parenting a good child could make them not want to watch this, I'm not influenced to want to be like him, but want to meet him. It's the curiosity that makes people keep watching, this isn't a kid show, so it shouldn't be in the news as if it's something fun and cute to be or become.

But he is so entertaining, my young naive mind runs wild. I am so imaginative I can imagine us together, but it would be so much drama, but I wouldn't care that is my dream. I have no social life, no friends, and all I want is an escape from my reality. I mean, I am already hard-headed and slow sometimes, but I honestly just need a break from having nothing to do and no one to meet. I should probably get a job now since I am seventeen, but I know my mom wouldn't let me do it, she is too controlling and probably thinks I can't handle being in a working environment, so I barely bother.