The Search

Monica POV

"Do you know where they are?" My boss asked me, and I shrugged my shoulders, it devastated me a bit when I found out that Moni indeed was messing with Newsworthy, but it was obvious seeing Moni's picture on the news and now it's being shown early ...

"Do you know where they are?" My boss asked me, and I shrugged my shoulders, it devastated me a bit when I found out that Moni indeed was messing with Newsworthy, but it was obvious seeing Moni's picture on the news and now it's being shown early this morning. People know that she isn't just a little girl of mine, she is a criminal now and it hurts me to the core. I have to fake a smile for two incidents, that aren't incidents at all. I should've just let August help me, but I was too stubborn thinking no one could, or they didn't have good intentions. He is a good person and he told me they were hanging around each other, I should have been harder on moni for her to understand my position.

"When I got home, my daughter wasn't there, but I don't want a bunch of people questioning or looking for my daughter-"

"It isn't your call anymore, you tried to keep her safe and out of harm's way and she chose to sneak off with some boy-"

"You don't know who she snuck off with-"

"Neither do you." He spoke

"I shouldn't even be talking and working for you people anymore, you killed my baby's father-"

"It's nothing we can do about that now and plus, I said sorry." He said as I chuckled and looked him up and down, I wanted to punch him in his shit.

"Sorry, you think a sorry will make me feel better? I have to work close to where you shot my baby's father, how does that make me feel?" I asked as he shrugged his shoulders

"Well, it's over and it's nothing you can do about it so quit bucking up to me." He said as I wanted to cry everyone in here just turned a blind eye like they always do, and I have to suffer. I then thought about what my daughter told me and teaming up, but I don't know what these people are thinking, I don't really work with anyone, I work alone, and I have been fine.

"Does anyone know where they could be? Because if not, we are flying helicopters and cop cars all around the town, we gave him a chance to come forward, now we have to go full force." The chief said looking at everyone to see if anyone would speak, but they can't because they knew this whole time a newly dead body will be on the floor, so everyone remained calm.

"Alright, let's go, I already alerted the news and everyone, so they already are out." The chief said as everyone walked out behind him except for me and he just had to notice of course he would, I'm his number one worker.

"Monica, let's go." He said to me as I stood up and walked out the door as well and we all headed into our cop cars and turned the lights on, it was going to be a noisy day and I always had to drive with someone new, instead of being by myself, my bosses' orders.