Beforehand

Chris POV

"Don't go to work tomorrow, it's a setup, he's gonna kill you anyway and make up a lie or cover it up when he doesn't have to anyway for some reason," I said as Monica looked at me Moni was safe at home, but in her room, because I didn't want her ...

"Don't go to work tomorrow, it's a setup, he's gonna kill you anyway and make up a lie or cover it up when he doesn't have to anyway for some reason," I said as Monica looked at me Moni was safe at home, but in her room, because I didn't want her in this conversation panicking along with us.

"I know, but where am I gonna go? They know where I live." She asked

"Take my money and go to a big luxurious place in-"

"I'm not moving away; I have to stay here with my little girl-"

"Your little girl is seventeen, she can manage, just like she managed to lie to you, run off with me and everything else," I said as Monica shook her head and then ran into me and hugged me and I hugged her back. I know she accepted what I said because it was true, Moni is capable of a lot of things, her emotions just hold her back and it's honestly very hurtful for Monica to hear that all it took for Moni to disobey her was an unknown man, an unknown stranger.

"It's for the best Monica," August said as he rubbed her back, I guess it was gonna be the three of us while Monica set out to be safe where they couldn't find her.

"You have to wake up the people, do something to where people will wake up and notice that things aren't right and want to help because I can't stand hidden forever." She said as if she didn't know the plan already, she just wouldn't be here when all of it went down, she could pull up when it was all done though, she will be free to roam wherever, but it will be weird to work with cops again after working with dirty ones how can she separate them now?

"I will, and you won't-"

"It's still something that I will forever not understand about this situation other than the obvious-"

"What?" I and Monica said in unison

"The government and the president haven't said anything or at least wanted to know who you were or why this was happening?" August asked

"They are gonna know now, we have a second chance at meeting them again and this will all be over," I said but, in my head, it sounded better for some reason, I didn't believe it. 

"What about your mom?" August asked

"What about her, she can go rot somewhere, get as many facelifts as she desires-"