Flashback

Monica POV

"I met your dad when we were in our early twenties, and he was amazing, he was so charming and funny and I was in school, I wasn't thinking about relationships, but he just swept me off my feet and I forgot all about what I was supposed to be doin...

"I met your dad when we were in our early twenties, and he was amazing, he was so charming and funny and I was in school, I wasn't thinking about relationships, but he just swept me off my feet and I forgot all about what I was supposed to be doing, and we started going on a lot of dates and we got close and then I liked him so much I wanted his facial features on you, but after a month he showed his true colors and he left me alone to be a single mother, but we met up again when he was hired to be one of the new police officers and I was infuriated that he was there, but also intrigued, and then they made him my partner.

I felt like I was being set up, but then we started talking and I asked him the only question I wanted to know why did he leave me? And he gave me a bullshit answer. I mean, I agreed, but I felt like he was holding out on me. I felt like he left me because he didn't want to grow up and become a family man and settle down or he wasn't attracted to me anymore and that's probably how it is with a lot of men, we'll, boys and since he is grown, and I am too, we'll grown, I think he understood the meaning of family and wanted to be back in our lives. I was pissed I was a brick wall before, but he broke it down.

But he left and we have been on our own ever since until he came to my work area as my partner. I was confused, he got brought into the room, I couldn't believe they hired him on the spot saying he was a nice and generous guy and as soon as I saw him, he had his eyes on me, and I was a little embarrassed, but intrigued and overwhelmed at why everyone just thought he was so great.

Flashback

"I know, I said no one would new would ever be brought on this team, but this guy named James Williams just is way too good of a person to lose. He probably found out about the money that's why he is so generous, but he knows the rules and the regulations, and we printed him some papers to show at mandatory papers showing, and Umm Yeah, Monica he is your new partner."

The chief said as everyone clapped their hands. I looked up at James and he had the biggest smile on his face, and I just wasn't feeling it, from the page we left off on, I don't know why he was so happy to see me, I'm not too friendly to people who do me wrong.

I had to act normal, I didn't want to be rude, but my rudeness was showing, and I was just not trying to be a saint and all nice to the new team member, so he came around and introduced himself like we didn't know each other with a cocky grin on his face.

"Hi, I'm James Williams-"

"Yeah, I know who you are, drop the act," I said sternly, and he raised his eyebrows a bit.

"Well, it's nice to see you too Monica." He said as he looked me up and down as I crossed my arms. I wasn't going for it; I wasn't having it.