It's Better This Way

Moni POV

These past few days of grieving and kind of getting better

These past few days of grieving and kind of getting better. I noticed that I and Chris aren't friends anymore and he's still across the street and he still has those papers to my knowledge.

He better makes good use of them for the great or good because my dad dying was literally the last thing I would think to happen, and I didn't even know him for my whole life. I could have gotten to know him, I knew he had to be someone, I just couldn't put my finger on it, so I didn't care obviously, he had a thing for my mom, so I thought it was like a little date or something, but now he just had to be my father all along.

I haven't seen him in a while walking out the door him or his mom. I wondered what they did inside the house or somewhere else I would promise to myself no communication or forgiving because our relationship is over, but my curiosity got the best of me, and I just had to see what he was doing.

So, I went over to my window sitting area and I looked outside, and I saw Chris walking hand in hand with some girl and I thought my eyes were deceiving me, so I looked even closer.

It seemed as if he was staring at me and wanted me to know or care what he was doing. He wanted to make me jealous because as much as I know he didn't want to admit it, he was hurting. He wanted me to be by his side after all of this bullshit knowing it had gone left and I and my mother are grieving, how sick could I be to still focus on him getting out of this contract when my father died? and how sick could I be to still not tell my mother about him? I still care obviously, I want to not care, how do I make myself not care anymore?

So, I lifted up my window because I had to know who he was hand in hand with and I looked outside, squinted my eyes a bit to see and it was the girl from my school. One of the mean girls from my school and I looked beside her, and Chris had a smirk and then smiled at me and then continued to talk to her

It was Kira and of course, I know if she could, she would be rubbing it in my face as if she could compete with me anyway, she doesn't know what we have been through, she is just a rebound. I'm in my own lane, but it doesn't matter what I am because I and Chris aren't together and he can talk to anyone he wants, but this is obviously to get back at me and to use one of my enemies he is trying to make me sad, he should know why and not get upset to make decisions like these.

Does he want me to say something to him? Because this is definitely a cry out for help. He is obviously still in love with me and can't get over me and it's the same with me, but we both know this isn't good and the police are still looking for him. My mom is across the street and looking for him so the fact that he is out and about, he just doesn't care.

I wonder if he went to her school which is my school? or just happen to catch her around the way and show her his face so she would know that it was him. I would want to ruin the party, but that would be exactly what he would want, and I want to remain calm and act like I don't care. I don't want people to know that we know each other not because I don't like him, but because I'd rather keep that secret and I don't want random haters that he uses to make me mad trying to get at me as well.