I tried

August POV

"What happened?" Christina said to me while I was on the phone with her, I had to call her to call off with helping Moni mostly because I don't want her coming to my house willingly, and second because it's obvious that whatever he does, she will ...

"What happened?" Christina said to me while I was on the phone with her, I had to call her to call off with helping Moni mostly because I don't want her coming to my house willingly, and second because it's obvious that whatever he does, she will still be down for him, and I don't want to be a part of it anymore.

I know people think I like her, but I don't, I just want to help because I can't stand to see Chris think that he is doing something but ruining someone else's life and I'm naturally just a good person. I don't stand by when bad shit happens or is about to. I wish I was there to stop Chris from signing, but I wasn't, sometimes, I feel like I was a bad friend, but I was young, no one knew what we were doing and worse no one feels and understands how Chris feels, but it shouldn't go to these lengths for him to fight me because he feels like I'm against him because that's far from it, I'm trying to get him to see how fucked up this is.

"We got into a fight at the store and Moni was there, it got loud, and we fucked up some things in the store and the police came and the nigga ran off like a luh bitch." I said pissed because I still am, all of that for a girl you didn't even initially want to be with, but now everything is Bonnie and Clyde with them, it's weird.

"Really? I thought you guys would at least makeup or something when you got to see each other so it's over, you're done?" She asked me

"Yeah, I can't do it at all, I want to help Moni, but I obviously can't"

"You can, we can actually team up with Monica." She said as I thought about it. I've never met moni's mom so it might work, but why would she listen to someone who was initially Chris's friend.

"That would be a good plan, but I'm pretty sure she knows you because she's a cop and doesn't like you-"

"Well, at least you can talk to her." She said and I thought about it, I didn't say yes or no because it might or might not be a good idea, but it might not because like I said before... why would she want to work with someone that was Chris's friend?

"I'll think about it, but one thing for sure, anytime and every time I see him, I'm fighting that nigga, he can die or go to jail for the rest of his life, and he is risking it to see sum'n" I said as Christina sighed

"We'll don't give up yet, I believe this can still work out." She said as I was shaking my head, that nigga made me drop my muhfucking cigarette cause he mad that I'm helping his girl, nigga now you want to be helpful, now you want to see your actions, fuck out of here.