chapter 38

a/n: keep voting if you're enjoying how it's going loves!!! have an awesome week people, as always, I LOVE YOU <3

"That is not how you do it! Oh, my eyes. I can't watch this any longer." I dramatically covered my eyes, peeking through my fingers at the girl. I was watching Anastasia attempt to put the bludger back in its spot, though it was hard to watch. We have been spending quite some time together now. A week had already passed since my first night of detention, and I was becoming much more prepared for the season thanks to the seventh year.

"Why don't you get your arse over here Kilton and show me the proper way then." Anastasia stood up with her hands on her hips, her foot holding the raging bludger in its place. I let out an exaggerated sigh, dropping the quaffle and mentally preparing myself. "I'm waiting."

"You need some more patience, Pucey. Like a whole bucket of it." I shook my head as the slytherin just smirked back. Breathing deeply, I pushed her foot off, scrambling my weight on top of the bludger. I grunted at the brute force, forcing the heavy ball into its rightful spot in our quidditch set. Anastasia bent down, closing the hatches and patting the bludger. "So helpful, really." I breathed out, sarcastically.

"What? Sure I like to hit them at twats, but putting the bloody thing away..." Anastasia crossed her arms.

"So you never clean up at practice?" I raised my eyebrows at her.

"We make the first year players pick up. Surely your team does that as well?" Anastasia asked, making me let out a laugh while shaking my head. I watched her for a moment as she met my eyes. "What?"

"Do you always get what you want?" I narrowed my eyes at her.

"No...I take it." she grabbed the quaffle from my grip, backing up slowly. "Come on, Emelia...come take it." she tilted her head, and my face softened. That was the first time she had used my name.

"You're going to regret that, Anastasia." I grinned as she realized she had let the name slip. The girl waved the quaffle in the air, dodging beside me as she let out a giggle.

"Ana!" a voice called out from the direction of the quidditch pitch. Anastasia looked to me, and for a second, I saw something i've never seen in her eyes...panic. "What the hell are you doing?" Adrian's eyes were locked on his twin sister, as his group of slytherins treaded behind. They held their brooms, snarky smirks plastered on their faces as they watched Adrian tug her to the side.

"Get off me, Adrian." she pulled herself out of his hands, backing up towards me.

"What do you think you're doing prancing around with...her?" he roughly glanced to me.

"I can prance around with who I want. You can't control me." she stood her ground.

"If mother and father knew-" he started as she scoffed.

"You think I care what they think of me? They don't give a damn about us." Anastasia pointed her finger at her brother. "They only want to use us, Adrian. You're just too fucking blind to see it."

"Ana, don't be stupid." Adrian was glancing around, seeing some students were stopping at the scene as they walked the trails.

"Or what? What are you going to do, huh?" Anastasia lowered her voice. "Curse me like dear father?" my heart stopped at the turn of phrase, her words becoming louder. "Be a man, Adrian! Be a true Pucey!" Anastasia pushed the boy on, his face growing tense. Adrian spit at Anastasia's feet, staring her down before motioning to his friends to leave. She made no movements, her chin held high as she watched her brother enter the school. Once the boys were gone, the bold slytherin's head dropped, her eyes stuck on the ground.