chapter 16

a/n: the character development of Emelia is just so pure I love her.

"Cedric? Hey!" I tore off my headphones and slowed down, spotting a sweaty hufflepuff on a morning run as well.

"Emelia! How are you?" He stops and greets me, giving me a cheeky smile. I could tell he was anxious, for the names of the three champions were being picked tonight.

"I'm good I'm good. But you're the one who needs to get checked up on. Nervous for tonight?" We start our walk back towards the caste on the running trail. He looks down at me and nods his head.

"A bit. Runs usually calm me down. But there's nothing I can really do to get rid of my anxiousness." He answers, looking away. I pat his shoulder comfortingly.

"I understand. That's why I run as well. Now no matter if you get picked or not, you'll still be your amazing, dashing self." I smile at him and spot his cheeks turn a shade of pink.

"I am quite dashing aren't I?" He runs his hand through his hair, making a model face. I push his arm jokingly and shake my head.

"Oh nope, I take it back now." I comment laughing. He makes a pouting face and I roll my eyes.

"Well, we could run together sometime if you'd like?" Cedric eventually asks, smiling down at me charmingly. I shake my head.

"You couldn't keep up with me even if you tried." I grin at him.

"Guess you'll have to slow down for me then huh? Or is your ego too big?" He raises his eyebrows, failing to hold back a laugh as I flick him on his head jokingly.

"You don't even know." I wink at him and put my headphones back on, running towards the school, not even looking back at the smiling hufflepuff. I made it into the back of the castle, and walked around the empty halls, which were awaiting students to wake up soon enough. I made my way to the common room, to find it still empty. Satisfied with my early timing, I entered Hermione and ours room, going into the bathroom to shower and get ready. I finished showering and wrapped a towel around my body, walking out of the bathroom to wake a sleeping brunette.

"Morning sunshine." I whisper into Hermione's ear and rub her crazily tangled hair. I receive a tired groan in return and I naturally roll my eyes.

"What time is it?" she asks groggily.

"Time for breakfast love." I pat her on her shoulder as she slowly sits up, leaning her head against the headboard of her bed.

"How long have you been awake?" she asks, noticing my towel and wet hair.

"Quite a while. I went for a run this morning." I answer, grabbing my uniform and moving behind the folding screen in the corner of our room. I swiftly drop my towel and put on my clothes, noticing Hermione look away awkwardly and blush. I chuckle silently to myself at the action.

"H-how was it?" Hermione gets her thoughts back together, trying to focus on finding her uniform instead of staring at mine.

"Good, good. I saw Cedric, he was on a run as well. Seemed nervous for the naming ceremony tonight." I pull up my skirt and toss my tie on my shoulder, walking outside of the folding screen.

"Oh, Cedric?" she asks with a kind of shocked expression.

"Don't act so suprised Mione. I can make and have friends besides the three of you, you know." I raise my eyebrows and smirk at her. She walks over to me and starts on my tie.

"No, no of course not Em. I'm just a bit suprised that's all. Didn't know you two were friends." she pulls up my tie and pats it, signaling she finished tying. I look down at her, taking in her lavender perfume. She moves her gaze up to meet mine. I reached into my pocket and pull out a pack of gum.