chapter 20

a/n: ahhh hi!! not me writing this during my chem class that i'm boutta fail this semester...hehe :) hope you're enjoying, love you all!!

"Yes oh my gosh yes!" a dramatic slytherin girl screeched when a durmstrang guy asked her to the ball at the annoyed slytherin table. Harry rolled his eyes and sighed loudly across from myself at our own table in the great hall.

"Still haven't asked anyone Harry?" I asked, sensing his frustration.

"No...I actually did but turns out, I was too late." He moved his food around his plate with a defeated look.

"You asked Cho didn't you?" I glanced over to the ravenclaw table to see her laughing at a joke made by another ravenclaw who had his arm around her. Harry nodded his head. "Oh...I'm sorry."

"It's fine I'll find someone. Ron still doesn't have anyone either." he puts his napkin down and shakes his head.

"Har the ball is tomorrow...you've got to get a move on. I would have offered to go with you, you know if I hadn't already said yes to Cedric." I sent him a sad smile as he sighed.

"A bit late now." he stood up abruptly. "I have to go and find a date. Or two." he motioned to Ron walking into the great hall with Hermione. As they got closer I could now see why Harry looked so disappointed. The two of them had spent no time together the last few days because of the events and words exchanged during Snape's potions exam. They bickered all the way from the entrance to us, both showcasing extremely angry and frustrated expressions. They stopped in front of us as Hermione's nostrils flared and right when she was about to say something she would regret I swiftly grabbed her arm and pulled her away. Harry mouthed a 'thank you' as Ron sat down and began to eat aggressively. I sent Harry a look and turned my attention to a fuming brunette as we walked through the hall.

"Emelia you won't believe how-" Hermione started but I cut her off, shushing her. I dragged her to the library, knowing it would be the best place for her to calm herself and the last place for Ron to go -- it's literally a room filled with books. We walked to our spot by the tall window as I plopped her in an armchair and put myself in the one across from her. "How can someone be so-" she started up again as I put my finger to my mouth.

"Mm-mm." I shushed her again, taking out a book from her bag and placing it on her lap. After that, I then reached in to my own bag and took out a book for myself. Opening it up, I found my page and continued reading, making sure to not look up. After a minute I heard her book open as well and we sat there for around another ten minutes in silence. Finally, I glanced up to see her cute angry face staring me down. I smirked at her and sent her a small little wave as she failed to hide a small smile. "There she is." I smiled, shutting my book and sitting up in my chair.

"You know me too well...you know that right?" she put down her book and came over, sitting down in front of me, crossing her legs. I moved out of my chair, joining her on the library floor, stretching my legs out on either side of her as she fidgeted her hands.

"So, are you calm enough to talk to me now?" I questioned her, moving my hands to play with her shoelaces. I didn't notice her eyes light up at my small action, as she nodded her head and crossed her arms.

"It's just Ron being Ron at this point. Being ignorant, it's like he always knows what to say to make me want to..." she looked down.

"Punch him in the face?" I finished for her.

"Yeah. Punch him in the face." she looked up at me, as we both laughed together.

"Well you've got that nice right hook. Remember third year? When you..." I raised my eyebrows as she smiled.