chapter 42

a/n: feels good to post...it's been a minute but thankfully I have the best most patient readers ever!!! missed you guys and love you all!

"Don't worry...I'll go easy on you." Ron smiled sympathetically to Hermione before walking back to his spot across her. We had lined up on either side of them, everyone taking turns dueling before continuing practicing with stunning spells.

"Thanks, Ronald." Hermione rolled her eyes, catching my smirking gaze before getting in her stance.

"Come on, Ron." murmurs filled with laughter cheered from beside me, originating from the twins.

"One sickle." George uttered, betting on his brother.

"You're on." Fred whispered back, making me elbow him in the stomach.

"Count me in." I smiled, while the gingers nodded with wide grins. The two lifted their wands, and before Ron could even finish the spell, a white bolt came rocketing out from Hermione's wand. The Weasley flew back from the force, landing right on his ass.

"Whoop, whoop!" we laughed, me and Fred earning the coins from a disappointed George.

"You showed him, eh?" I threw my arm over Hermione while the other girls came over as well, proud grins spread on for our girl.

"Alright! Partner back up and keep working on your stunning spells!" I met up with Harry while everyone dispersed to their areas.

"You know...I let her do that." Ron came up from behind, gulping unsure. "Was the...gentleman thing to do." he said, Harry sharing a look with me.

"Of course." Harry walked to the other side by Cho, watching her perform her spell. I felt Ron look to me.

"Oh, totally." I awkwardly patted his back, scurrying away towards Neville.

"I can't do it." Neville's shoulders slumped, his eyes staring at his wand with defeat.

"Yes...you can. Nev, you can do this. Come on. Wands up." I motioned to Parvati who sighed, in boredom of waiting for the gryffindor's action. Neville rearranged his feet, huffing out before lifting his arm and flicking his wrist in the perfect motion for the first time since the start of the D.A..

"Expelliarmus!" he shouted as Parvati's wand flipped out of her hands, across the Room of Requirement.

"Well done Neville!" Harry grinned at him, while I pulled him into a squirming hug.

"See, I told you! Look over here! Neville's really got the hang of this one. Go ahead again." I beamed while the others gathered, awaiting their classmate. Fred tossed Parvati her wand, and Neville gripped his own, letting the spell leave his mouth making Parvati's wand flick out of her hand again.

"I did it...I did it!" he let the cheers around him erupt, and Harry clasped him on the shoulder with pride.

"Never forget this spell, Neville. It could save your life some day." Harry moved to the front of the room, gathering our attention. "Okay, everyone. We've done a lot today, and i've seen some great improvement. That's it for now. We won't be meeting again until after the holidays...so just keep practicing on your own as best you can. And, well done everyone. Great work." the group clapped, and wished each other happy christmas breaks as they left the room. Cho lingered behind, and Hermione gave me a knowing look.

"See you in the Common Room, Harry." Hermione nodded to leave, and Ron walked with her and I nodded to her.

"Merry Christmas, Em." the Patil twins waved goodbye to me, along with the others.

"Thanks so much you guys." Neville smiled gratefully as I waved.

"We were thinking Harry." George began.