chapter 11

a/n: this fanfic is doing much better if Id say so myself. what do you all think?? leave comments if you wish!!!

The secret knock pattern that Harry and I had come up with over a year ago rang through my ears early in the morning, before the sun has even come up. Harry and I had come up with a knocking sequence that signaled for me to get my butt up and practice with him. I sat up and shimmied my way off of the air mattress that held not only me, but Hermione too-- even though she had a perfectly good bed against the wall-- she chooses to sleep on the mattress with me. Deep down I love it, I really do. But it makes it hard for me to sneak out to meet up with Harry (though it's worth it). I slowly climbed over the sleeping brunette, who shifted slightly in her sleep, to grab my hoodie. I have WAY too many hoodies, I thought to myself.

I looked into the mirror and leaned down to open the cabinet and I reached inside to grab my pack of sticky notes. I scribbled a note saying 'Mione, look under your school robes - E' and I stuck it onto the mirror of our bathroom. Satisfied with the way it looked I went back into the room, tip-toeing around her to her desk that was covered with her new school robes. I smiled to myself, placing the book-- I had just finished reading on mystical creatures, that she had been interested in but had not gotten to read yet-- under her robes. I took one last look at Hermione sleeping, I didn't mean to in a creepy way but soon realized that is probably exactly how it looked, and scurried away down the stairs. I walked  into the kitchen to see Harry already made some breakfast and pouring orange juice.

"Bloody Har you keep making these practices earlier and earlier." I pull out the chair and motion for him to pour me some too.

"Oh, and good morning to you too Emelia. Yes I slept quite well. How did you sleep?". Harry answered my complaints. I rolled my eyes in response.

"Too early to be sassy Har." I raised my eyebrows at him motioning for him to hand me my newly poured cup of OJ. "Thank you very much sir." I sipped my orange juice and grabbed a piece of toast on my way out to find my broom. "You're lacking now Harry." I sang to him before exiting out.

On my search for my broom, my thoughts traveled back through my memories of quidditch. The game I love and adore so much. I had made the team third year--just last year-- as a chaser, and a back-up seeker to Harry. I was quite a good seeker myself, just not as good as Harry, but I never really minded. Probably because of how humble Harry was about it, and how he helped me get better every chance he got. Oh and because I make one bloody good chaser. I've always been really athletic, and can run bloody fast due to my long legs and how lanky I am, I've always been swift and quick. Though a bit clumsy I must admit. But I loved the sport, and especially my team. From the twins to Harry, there was never a dull moment.

"Emelia hurry up back there we've got to get some actual work in you know." I heard Harry yell out to me from our spot. That boy can be so sassy sometimes. I know where he was coming from though. We would be arriving to Hogwarts soon enough and it would benefit to get some more training sessions in before school and the season.

"Alright, alright I'm comin." I jogged over and helped him set up my practice hoops. An hour had gone by and I saw the sunrise start, and Harry obliged to a well deserved ten minute break.

"Come and watch the sunrise with me, won't you Har?" I gave him my puppy eyes and he smiled and walked behind me to a spot between the tall grasses and a pond. I sat down against a tree and patted the ground to my right, signaling him to come and watch with me.

"Thanks for practicing with me. I know I can be hard sometimes with this type of stuff and I appreciate you putting in the time." Harry told me while keeping his eyes glued to the up and coming sun.

"Of course Har. Who else would I have to yell at me keep their posture straight while dodging a bloody bludger coming straight at me?" He hit me in the arm jokingly as he chuckled. I smiled and messed up his hair playfully.

"Alright now let's get back to work, shall we?" He stood up and held his hand out to help me up.

"Race you there." I winked and beat him back to our brooms by a longshot.

∗ ∗ ∗

I bid Harry goodbye, heading back to Ginny's room as he went into the bathroom the boys share to take a much needed shower. I actually really need one too, I just then noticed sweat was still dripping down my face. I took a quick shower and hopped out extremely cold. I had poorly timed my shower with Harry's, making it very cold and I thought about Harry's reaction soon after at breakfast as his must've been freezing as well. I chuckled to myself and wrapped a towel around my body, looking for my clothes. I opened the closet, to find my hoodie and sweatpants not where I left them. I groaned in confusion and went into the hallway. If the twins did something with my clothes I'm gunna-. And just then, I had walked past Ginny's room on my way to George and Fred's room, only to see a certain brunette through the crack in the door. Wearing both my favorite hoodie and sweatpants. I opened the door slowly as if not to wake up Ginny. I look in and see Hermione reading the new book I had just given her that morning. She was wearing my favorite navy blue hoodie and my grey sweatpants, laying across my air mattress. She had her curls pulled a bit back into a low ponytail with strands of curly hair pulled out that showed her face and features. I admired how breathtaking she looked, even doing the simplest thing AND having just woken up. Suddenly the floor creaked where I stood and she looked up at me and smiled.

"I see someone here has taken a liking to stealing someone else's clothes." I raise my eyebrows at her as she blushes and puts down her book. She giggled and got up, walking over to her dresser and pulled out a shirt and a pair of sweatpants for me.

"I'm sorry I just couldn't resist. I now get why this is your favorite hoodie, it is quite comfy. Plus you smell good." She then smiled, that beautiful smile, and all of my anger went away immediately.

"Anything for you, love. Just let me know next time so I don't have to go walking around the bloody house--full of a bunch of males might I add-- in nothing but a towel. Everything else I have right now is dirty, so if you don't mind." I swiftly took the clothes from her hand and blew her a kiss before leaving to change.

"Hey hey wait Em. I-I just wanted to thank you, for this." She picked up my previously read book from the mattress and waved it up.

"Oh no need to thank me, Mione. Call it uh- a pre-school year gift." I smiled at her and earned one back.

"And the note." She took out the note I had left her this morning from her pocket and held it. "We haven't done these in a while have we." I smiled knowingly at her. I remembered how last year, when I would sneak her secret notes during class and while she and i would study in the library together almost daily. Little did I know those little messages made her day, everyday. I felt my cheeks grow warm, so I quickly smiled and nodded, then left the room to go and change before she could see anything. I hated to admit it, but Hermione's clothes were something I never ever wanted to change out of. And, it smelled just like her. Her perfume. Lavender.

∗ ∗ ∗