chapter 7

a/n: READ - big time skip from first year to fourth year. I hope you enjoy this story as much as I am!!! I'm putting a lot of content in with making stronger connections with the characters especially hermione

"HARRY! HARRY!" the panicking sound of Ron's voice startled me, waking me up from the air matress in Ginny's room. I lifted my head up to notice Hermione cuddling by my side.

"Mione?" I looked over to see her beautiful sleepy face nuzzled into my back. She started to open her eyes and noticed how close she was to me, but it was quite normal we were close like that.

"When did you get here?" I turned and hugged her tight as she happily hugged me back.

"Just last night. Sorry for barging into your bed, well you see we didn't want to blow up the air mattress becau-" Hermione started.

"HARRY WAKE UP!" We heard Ron once again yell from his room.

"Somethings wrong." Hermione shot up and grabbed my hand, leading me to the boys' room. Harry was shaking and flooded with sweat, groaning.

"Harry." Hermione shook his shoulder and his eyes shot open suddenly.

"Harry are you okay? What happened?" I asked with worry in my voice.

"Bad dream." Harry answered groggily, Mrs. Weasley popped her head in telling us breakfast was ready and to go and get changed.

"Right, we're leaving soon so both of you go and get changed or we'll be late." Hermione ordered while dragging me back into our room to wake up Ginny as well. Ron groaned and went back to sleep pulling the covers up, I hit him with a pillow and he chuckled slapping my arm back.

"Yeah Ronnie get ready or we'll be late." I grinned, mocking Hermione. Ron laughed while Hermione shook her head, but I could see a small smirk on her face. She glanced back at me before quickly running out to the hallway and pulling my arm along swiftly.

"Alright, alright! I'm coming Mione slow down." I chuckled and heard her giggle, we reached the door to Ginny's room but the brunette paused before going in. Hermione then jumped onto me giving me a big, warm hug.

"I missed you, Em." She put her face into my chest as I wrapped my own arms around her.

"I missed you too." I savored the hug and didn't want to let go. But she finally pulled back after a few moments.

"I wanted to wake you when I got here last night but you looked so peaceful and I didn't want to ruin your sleep." She looked up at me, noticing a difference from last year. Over the past three months, I had somehow gotten lankier. I looked down at her and she didn't even notice how she was still holding my hand, rubbing her thumb along my knuckles sweetly. I coughed and snapped her out of her gaze that she didn't even notice she was in. Her cheeks blushed to a dark crimson causing me to smirk.

"Let's get ready now shall we, we've got a fun day planned." Hermione exclaimed with a hint of excitement.

"It's not even light out yet." I groaned and she dragged me into the room.

"Mornin' sunshine." I said sheepishly to Ginny who sat up and smiled at the sight of Hermione.

"Good morning Ginny, it's so good to see you." Hermione smiled warmly and hugged her. I looked at the clock and noticed the time, we had to leave in less than an hour.

"Brilliant. We have one bathroom between us three and we all have to shower and be ready in less than an hours' time. No pressure." I sighed, calling the shower first.

"Better be quick Em! And don't waste the water!" Hermione yelled to me from across the hall as I smiled to myself.

"Such a mom." I muttered to myself, while walking out the door.

"I heard that." Hermione said in a singing voice. I turned around and tackled her onto the air mattress. She squirmed and tried to fight me back but, I got a bit stronger over the summer. I started to tickle her like crazy and giggles were heard around the room. Ginny laughed hysterically and rolled over on to the floor.

"Em- get- off- of- me-." She laughed uncontrollably until I thought she'd had enough and backed off her, erupting in laughter.

"When did you get so strong?" Hermione struggled to say still giggling and getting herself together. I smirked at her and left to go and shower, leaving a blushing Hermione admiring her. I got out of the shower and changed into a white collared shirt, and a navy blue crew neck over the collared shirt. Pulling on my blue jeans, I put my hair up into a messy bun with a few strands hanging in front of my weary face. I stumbled running down the stairs hoping I wasn't late. In the process, accidently running into a still sleepy Ron eating some bread and nodded a greeting to me.

"Good morning Ronnie." I gave him a pat on the head and smiled gleefully. I was happy at how we had gotten closer, he was like a brother to me. Plus he gave the best hugs.

"Morning." He muttered back. Man was he not a morning person at all.

"Miss Kilton, how'd you sleep last night?" Fred greeted me a sweet good morning, handing me a plate.

"Quite well, Weasley." I responded, looking over at a particular brunette, remembering her warm body cuddled against me. She blushed and couldn't help but smile adorably, looking away. I sat down between Harry and George, across from Hermione. We ate and chatted, placing bets on who would win the big quidditch match they were leaving for soon. I bet ten galleons on the Irish winning, siding with the twins, Ginny and Hermione. Let's hope I'm not broke by the end of the day.

∗ ∗ ∗