Chapter 28

Minty's POV (Back in Bristol)

"How the fuck do we break this to the fans?" I sigh, addressing all of the editors and behind-the-scenes people sitting in the break room with me.

"If any of us knew, don't you think we would have done something by now?" Teutron says, wearily raising an eyebrow.

"We have to tell them some way or another. Content is running low, they're gonna figure it out eventually anyway. We might as well just make a video to let them know what's going on." I say downheartedly.

"But what then? Once the fans know, they're just gonna get really worried. That's not the point of the Yogscast, is it? The point of the Yogscast is to make people happy; telling those people that their heroes could be dead isn't going to make them happy." Teutron replies.

"Look, I'm too exhausted to argue right now. Does anyone else have any ideas?" I ask, looking around the room.

Sam (as in Sam Gibbs, not Strippin) suddenly speaks up, "Well... Rather than just telling them, we could get the fans to help. We could start a fund-raiser to help them get rescued quicker, and, with the amount of fans out there willing to help, it could probably buy a lot more search parties to look for them."

"I second that. I'm sure most of our fans would be willing to donate." Colin says.

"Yeah, me too." Si says.

"Well, I guess we're doing a fundraiser then. Sam, can you make a Kickstarter page?" I say.

Sam nods and immediately leaves to start working on it.

"We should have a video to let people know about it. Is anyone willing to make it?..." I ask.

Everyone shifts uncomfortaly and looks around, hoping that someone else will volunteer.

I sigh, "I'll make it then."

I grab a camera and a tripod and go to the first empty office I see, which just happens to be Hannah's office.

I switch on the camera, and end up just staring at the blinking red light for a few minutes, having absolutely no idea what to say. Finally, I clear my throat and begin.

"Well... You guys are probably wondering why this video is going up on all of the Yogscast channels. It's because..."

I pause for a moment to compose myself. I can feel my eyes beginning to sting with tears, but I fight them back.

"Most of you don't know this- well, none of you know this, but..." I take a deep breath, "Most of the Yogscast were on the plane that went down over the Pacific Ocean about two weeks ago. We've just been putting up content that was filmed earlier, but now we feel like it's time that we should tell you guys. You guys are like family to us; you deserve to know what's going on. And, because we know that so many of you care about the Yogscast, we have set up a fundraiser to try to help get them back to safety faster."

I look directly up and into the camera lens, addressing the millions of people who will watch this video, and say, "We need your help, before it's too late..."

I quickly reach out and turn off the recording before I start crying, and busy myself with uploading the video, linking the donation page in the description. The views instantaneously begin flooding in, and I scroll down through the comments.

I feel a little bit better when I see all the concerned comments, and, when I check the donation page, we have already raised close to £1000 in just ten minutes.

£1000 is a lot of money, but, in the corner of my mind, I can't help but worry if it will be enough to save them before it's too late...

Just wanted to give a big shoutout to Yinyang0504, who had the amazing idea of having a chapter about the people who are still at Yogtowers :D