Chapter 24

Smith's POV

I miss Chris and Ross so fucking much. I didn't really realise exactly how badly I missed them until Sjin came, and I saw how he seemed so happy to be with his friends.

I quietly watch him talking with everyone else, and can't help but feel desperately sad and lonely. It's not that I don't like the others, they're my friends too, but nothing can replace the emptiness where Chris and Ross used to be.

I still can't truly get to grips with the fact that they are gone forever. Part of me feels like we're gonna get back to Bristol, and they'll be there in Yogtowers, laughing and messing around like they always do. The logical part of my brain tells me that it's never going to happen, but the emotional part of me wants to believe it so bad that it hurts. I'm at a constant war with myself. The only way I would be able to settle it would be to see them dead for myself...

But if I do go and see the bodies for myself, then that will be it. I will never be able to hope that they are alive again. It would affirm the fact that they are dead, forever. Am I strong enough to handle that, or will it break me?

Note:

Sorry that this chapter is so short, it's only really half a chapter, but I just wanted to upload something for you guys! I'll continue it as soon as I can :)

Thanks for reading!