Chapter 1

Lewis' POV

My mind is submerged in a heavy fog. I try to open my eyes, but I don't have enough energy to. I am vaguely aware of warm sand under my body... Where am I? I remember being on a plane with the other Yogs, and the last thing I was conscious of was a scream. I can't remember who screamed, it could even have been me. I have to find everyone else.

After a few attempts, I manage to prise open my eyes. I am immediately blinded by the bright sun sailing in the cloudless sky above me. I manage to sit up, although the movement causes my head to pound horribly. I look down at myself, and realise that my clothes are covered in dirt and blood. My blood? I feel the back of my head, but instantly regret it, as a lightning bolt of pain is sent through my skull. I quickly draw away my hand, which is now coated with fresh, sticky blood. Oh well, no time to do anything about it now. I have to find everyone else, especially Hannah. Oh god, please say Hannah is okay.

I heave myself up with a grunt as my head spins. For a moment I think I might pass out, but I steady myself and look around. I'm on a deserted white beach, with the sparkling blue sea on one side of me and a jungle of emerald green on the other side. Slowly, my memory starts returning to me. The plane engines had caught fire, and we had gone down. I remember the sound of the plane being ripped in half, and feeling as though I was falling for eternity, and then I blacked out.

I realise that I'm trembling from the memory, and I tell myself not to think about it. My main priority right now is to find the others. I decide to search the beaches first. I set off along the sands, trying to ignore the pain in my head. I seem to still be very weak, as I almost collapse after about ten minutes of walking. I sit down in the sand, trying to control my breathing again. Suddenly, I hear a shout from somewhere.

"Is anyone here?"

I can tell from here that it's Alsmiffy. I try to reply, but my throat is too dry to make any noise. I swallow desperately, furious at myself for being so pathetic.

"Smith!" I call.

The effort makes my head feel like it's about to explode, but I can tell that he heard. I hear footsteps running through the rainforest, towards me. Just in time, too, as I feel extremely light-headed, and I know I'm going to pass out any minute now.

"Lewis!" I hear Smith shout, and I see him running towards me.

I manage to give him a weak smile, before everything goes black.