Chapter 21

This chapter isn't really an important one, just a bit of Leogie filler while I figure out how the storyline's gonna continue :)

Leo's POV

I pace around the room, gripping my phone in my hand anxiously.

"They should have called by now, Kogie. They said they would call when they landed, but they aren't even picking up their phones." I look over at Kogie, who's sitting on the sofa, his fists clenched with nerves.

"Look, maybe they just... Forgot to bring their chargers, and their phones died." He says, but his voice is half-hearted, and I know he's thinking the same thing that I am. That they were on the plane which went missing a few days ago going over the Pacific Ocean. It can't just be a coincidence.

Suddenly, the home phone gives an obnoxious ring. Our eyes meet for a second, and we both dive for the phone. Kogie gets there before me, so I'm forced to watch him answer it.

"Hello? Yes, that's me."

I hear someone explaining something on the other side, and Kogie's face suddenly pales.

"Are-are you sure? Thomas Clarke and Alex Parvis?"

A sense of dread starts rising in my stomach.

"O-Okay... Thank you..."

He hangs up, and lets the phone drop from his hand and onto the floor. It bounces and clatters noisily for a second, before settling silently on the floor, completely still. I look up at Kogie, already knowing what he's about to say.

"It... It was their plane." He begins slowly, "They know that it went down over the Pacific Ocean. And that... There probably won't be any survivors."

I stare at him, unable to form words. I take a seat next to him on the couch, absorbing the reality of what he just said.

"No... No survivors..." I repeat quietly.

"Look... We still have to have faith. Sparkles* and Parv aren't idiots, they know what to do to stay alive. We can't give up hope, 'kay?"

I nod slightly, although we both know that it's easier said than done.

"So... That plane had everyone from Yogtowers in it as well." I say.

"Yeah... Do you think the fans have figured it out yet?"

I shake my head, "Probably not. Do you think they ought to know?"

"No. They'll just get worried. The guys wouldn't have wanted for that to happen; the whole point of the Yogscast is to make people happy, and to make them forget about their worries, not to give them more."

"Fine... But, Kogie... What if they don't make it back? What are we gonna do?" I ask.

"We're gonna... Move on. We can't let it ruin our lives if that happens."

I sigh and bury my face in my hands. Why did this have to happen?