17 | hogsmeade

"I only agreed to this because we need to figure out what we're going to do," Rose said pointedly as they took a seat in a booth at The Three Broomsticks. "Don't push your luck."

"Understood," James nodded. He pulled out a folder and Rose raised an eyebrow, "Your sister."

"Got it," she nodded, fully aware of just how organized her sister could be. The only part of Lily's life that was a mess was her bedroom at home. If you put the twins rooms next to each other, you would assume that Lily's room was actually Rose's.

"It should be fairly simple then," she concluded as she took the folder from him and began to scan through it. "She already mapped out the first ten lessons." Rose shook her head in disbelief, "She really needs to find something better to do with her time."

Rose pulled out a list of spells. She scanned it over before handing it to him, "Do you know all of these?" He took a moment to go over the list before nodding. "Good, then there's really nothing more for us to do."

"Rose-"

"I have homework I need to finish up," she informed him as she stood up from the table.

"Just-"

"What did I say before we started?"

"I know, but-"

"Don't make me hex you," she warned before she started out the pub.

He followed after her quickly, not taking her threat seriously, "I just want to talk."

"And I want you to disappear from my life," she replied and he frowned as she trudged through the snow. She probably would have ran if the snow wasn't so deep. "Looks like we both lucked out."

"Why won't you even give me a second to speak without snapping at me?"

"Because you're an asshole."

"That's not it."

"Yes, it is."

"No, it's not," he countered and she started toward the woods. "Where are you going?"

"Walk away and you won't have to find out."

"Rose!" he shouted after her. "Stop running away from me."

"I'm not running," she countered, "I'm walking away at a semi-fast pace."

"Merlin, you are so beyond infuriating!"

"Right back at you, toe-rag."

"You and your sister and your stupid muggle insults that make no sense," he muttered and she rolled her eyes.

"Speaking of my sister, why don't you go find her?"

"Because I'm with you right now."

"She's your girlfriend."

"She's n-" he cut himself off with a shake of his head. "Why won't you look at me?"

"Why should I?"

"Stop avoiding my questions."

"Leave me alone."

"I'm not going anywhere."

"Clearly."

"It's not safe out here."

"I don't care."

"Rose!"

"What the hell do you want from me?" she demanded as she whirled around on him.

He stopped walking after her and watched her for a moment, "I want the truth!"

"The truth is I want you to leave me alone!"

"Why?"

"Because you're an ass!"

"It's more than that!"

"Stop asking for things you don't really want the answer to!"

"I want the answer!"

"Go screw yourself, Potter."

"Tell me why you're avoiding me."

"Because I love you!" she finally shouted in exasperation. His jaw dropped as he stared at the girl, her red hair seemingly sparking with magic. She shook her head in disbelief, "But I love my sister more." She started to back away, "Just leave me alone, Potter."

"Rose, wait-" James reached forward to grab her arm and stop her. His foot caught on something and he tripped, pulling Rose down with him. She landed on top of him with a grunt.

Rose scowled down at the boy and opened her mouth to scold him for being such a clutz and bringing her down with him when something caught her eye.

She wiggled on top of him, inching forward and he let out a groan before requesting pleadingly, "Don't do that."

She rolled her eyes as she grabbed the object that had been semi-concealed by the snow. She shifted back down but didn't get off of him as she held what appeared to be a red Yo-Yo. A muggle toy.

"What's that?" James asked in confusion. He reached up and touched it as well, though he didn't try and take it from her.

"It's a-" she began, her eyebrows pinched together in confusion. She didn't get to finish her answer, however, as they were pulled into a warp, spinning slightly before landing back on the ground with a thud.

"Ow," James grunted at the impact. He opened his mouth in confusion and they both looked at the toy. "A Portkey?"

Rose nodded, slowly turning so that she was no longer on the boy but sitting at his side, "Where are we?"

"It's a drawing room," James concluded as he sat up. "But who's, I-"

Rose quickly covered the boy's mouth, taking him by surprise. Voices could be heard down the hall and James raised his hand, moving her hand from his mouth. He laced his hand with hers and she didn't protest as they both slowly stood up, their free hands hovering over their wands.

"If it isn't the mudblood and the blood traitor," the woman tutted and it took Rose a moment to understand where she knew her from. She stepped out of the shadows of the poorly lit room and Rose realized who it was. It was Bellatrix Lestrange. "The Dark Lord is awfully interested in you two." James's grip tightened on Rose's hand and she returned the gesture. "What'll it be?"

"Never going to happen," Rose protested.

"Well, I was hoping this would be easier," Bellatrix frowned playfully. She moved her wand between the two, "Who's first?"